- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Engineering Project Manager
Our client are a rapidly expanding engineering business based in Hatfield who are developing and installing a range of automation and robotics products.
The team you will be joining project manage the technical realisation of their automation solutions at their Customer Fulfilment Centres (CFCs) and manage and support external contractors, internal matrix resources and deliverables from multiple teams across the business.
- Responsible for the successful delivery of the engineering elements of new projects, defined in terms of time, cost and specification.
- Oversees the technical delivery of any new equipment installed on site.
- Technical lead from design through implementation to Go live, including identification, and appropriate resolution, of any Snagging works.
- Formulation and control of Budget spend (forecast versus actual spend).
- Management of Vendors during site installation phase.
- Control of CDM and H&S responsibilities.
- Programme management of Enabling works and MHE installation.
- Support of any Change Management processes.
- Develop Training and secure the involvement of the Ocado Engineering Operations team for handover of works to "Business as Usual" status.
- Engineering qualification
- Project management experience
- Good technical ability relating to automation hardware, cranes, conveyors, lifts etc.
- Experience of projects in manufacturing, automotive, airports, FMCG distribution or similar field (could also be from within the MHE industry)
- Knowledge of Controls and Automation
- Aptitude to debate detail both technical and commercial detail
- Ability to design & propose alternative solutions when faced with project barriers
- Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical audiences
- Ability to monitor, report and communicate progress with variety of stakeholders, both in verbal and written form
- Proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel, and ideally MS Project.
- The ability to deliver projects on time and within approved budget
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.