- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Senior Specialist Engineer - Validation&Verification(Elec-Mech)
This role is responsible for undertaking and carrying out the following Validation and Verification (V&V) activities within the Validation and Verification team.
- Responsible for providing a service to support engineering programmes through the V&V cycle, working with project teams, V&V Team Leaders and other V&V engineers to identify and provide plans & test solutions to meet customer requirements & Milestones.
- Define both standard and non-standard test requirements, specifying and resourcing bespoke specialist equipment and suitable test facilities to meet project deliverables.
- Author or approve technical documentation, including verification plans, test procedures and reports. Oversee and perform development and qualification testing of Safran products and systems ensuring accurate results and customer confidence in product design performance.
- Co-ordinate and manage customer requirements ensuring initial project activities are performed and any potential risks are identified. Provide technical support and guidance to facilitate implementation of accurate and concise test procedures.
- Co-ordinate and manage with Lead Engineers, Project Managers, and other colleagues in generating integrated validation and verification plans, manage and arrange test and validation programs to achieve and meet customers' demands.
- Responsibility for guiding and supporting engineers and projects during all aspects of product development activities from providing technical documents, undertaking testing set-ups and processes to producing results and reports in line with planned timescales.
- Responsible for ensuring V&V project activities are accurately budgeted and costs considered within the project.
- Be prepared to work off site at customers and suppliers to assist with setups and perform testing for Safran products.
- When required work with other Safran divisional sites in assisting and developing new product understanding and testing.
- Work effectively and efficiently across multiple projects simultaneously.
- Responsible for working with the project teams in determining V&V requirements, test plans and resource requirements, including equipment and personnel in order to best meet the customers specification.
- Participate in the investigation of problems and failures that occur in Safran products during design, development or qualification testing and provide suitable advice or solutions with a view to enhancing reliability and quality.
- Support customers and colleagues using knowledge and experience, in all technical areas and aspects of project work through the definition, design, development and qualification phases including carrying out technical peer reviews to ensure the equipment and test methods used in the validation and verification processes are suitable and safe.
- Responsible for writing, reviewing or approving engineering documentation, maintaining technically accountability for both the content and work of others when required.
- Carry out data analysis of tests results as requested by the projects or customer to determine trends, performance and reliability of Safran products identifying areas for improvement or risk.
- Work with other engineers and personnel, sharing knowledge and experience to enable them to develop and gain further skills allowing a more effective level of service to be provided.
- Implementing the V&V strategy.
- Technical lead for Electrical and Mechanical development and qualification tests on Safran products in a safe working manner including the use of high speed drives in conjunction with electrical, electronic and mechanical equipment and analogue and digital instrumentation in an effective and efficient manner to meet project timescales.
Candidate skills & requirements
- Experience in an mechanical or aeronautical engineering discipline (or a relevant engineering qualification).
- Extensive Development / certification knowledge and experience e.g. thorough understanding of all aspects of Development Engineering including Compliance Verification, Technical Risk, compilation of technical documentation, use of instrumentation.
- Advanced knowledge of Generators, Motors, Drives and Hybrid knowledge and experience of full aircraft electrical system would be an advantage.
- Experience in V&V activities and process of aeronautical equipment and systems (ARP4754A).
- Knowledge and experience of requirements management and associated tools e.g. DOORS / Integrity would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of RTCA DO-160, MIL-STD-810 and similar environmental test standards.
- Ability to communicate clearly through written and verbal means to all levels of staff e.g. peers, Design Engineers, Maintenance Team, Senior Management, interact with other Engineering teams and the external customer.
- Ability to analyse and resolve complex problems by devising creative and effective solutions.
- An aptitude for working methodically and systematically in a safe manner sharing knowledge and experience with colleagues and engineers in a positive and proactive manner.
- Ability to work within agreed timescales, follow tasks through to completion and meet program deadlines
- Experienced in Data Acquisition Systems and Analysis tools and presentation of results.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Microsoft Project tools.
- Understand the requirement for preventative maintenance and continuous improvement activities to ensure provision of an effective and reliable service.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.