- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Category Manager ** 12 Month contract ** Portsmouth** £450/day Umbrella or £355.55/day PAYE.
BAE systems are currently looking to hire a Category Manager to be based in their portmsouth base.
- Communicate, execute and deliver a coherent supply chain strategy for Naval Services to meet changing business demands and cost challenges.
- Provide strategic supply chain expertise to implement significant cost-down, output improvement and process improvements for the Naval Services business stream.
- Support the implementation of innovative solutions to meet Customer led contractdevelopments (FMSS)
- Use interpretation of internal and external forces to develop and implement robust category strategies for the sub-contract and material supply chain. Deliver incremental and sustainable 'value for money' opportunities across the end to end Maritime supply chain and globally as appropriate.
- Responsibility for developing and delivering the category strategy / plan, including the delivery of agreed business objectives. This encompasses prioritisation and allocation of third party spend and the delivery of savings and efficiencies identified through improvement plans across multiple and diverse areas of spend, considering both internal and external environments
- Provide leadership to the category team with full management responsibility for Procurement Professionals.
- Be recognised as the Supply Chain subject matter expert for line of business procurement processes, providing guidance to others in solving complex issues.
- Collaborate and support the Project teams to identify and implement optimal/innovative solutions, address issues and manage impacts.
- Accountable for monitoring, management and reporting of spend and holding suppliers to budget.
- Ensuring contracts with suppliers (subcontracts and materials) have commercial rigour which minimises exposure to risk, encourage innovation and incorporate improvement targets. Agreed with legal colleagues where appropriate.
Manage risk/supplier vulnerability for the category
Completion of market/supplier research/studies to support long term plans and comprehensive market positioning.
Deliver performance and savings in line with budgets and business plans.
Lead major category contract negotiations.
Support Make V Buy process, acting as the Supply Chain SME ensuring informed out-sourcing and in-sourcing decisions are made
Develop metrics for Safety, Quality, Delivery and Cost that demonstrate ownership for relevant supplier performance
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.