- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Our client are a rapidly expanding engineering business based in Hatfield who are developing and installing a range of automation and robotics products.
The team you will be joining project manage the technical realisation of their automation solutions at their Customer Fulfilment Centres (CFCs) and manage and support external contractors, internal matrix resources and deliverables from multiple teams across the business.
What will you be doing?
- Support the delivery of CFC development projects, primarily working in the development and introduction of MHE / Electromechanical systems
- Support or own the successful delivery of the engineering elements of new projects
- Technical lead from design through implementation to Go live, including identification, and appropriate resolution, of any Snagging works
- Formulation and control of Budget spend
- Enforce adherence to Legislation, The company Engineering Standards and H&S policies.
- Support of any Change Management processes
- Sign off against specified equipment performance targets as part of the formal Vendor to Ocado Handover process
- Oversee procurement of Spares and manage any Warranty discussions with the MHE Vendor
- An Engineering qualification, to HND or Degree level
- Engineering and project management experience
- Experience of projects in manufacturing, automotive, airports, FMCG distribution or similar field (could also be from within the MHE industry)
- Good technical ability (or experience), ideally relating to automation hardware
- Must be able to demonstrate understanding of system design, programming, simulation and testing, and start-up (cranes, conveyors, lifts etc)
- The ability to develop and implement standard engineering practices, as well as provide detailed documentation upon project completion
- Aptitude to debate detail both technical and commercial detail with MHE vendors, and ensure compliance to Ocado Engineering standards.
- Ability to monitor, report and communicate progress (or barriers to progress) with variety of stakeholders, both in verbal and written form.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.