- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Design Engineer - 1 year FTC
We have a great opportunity to join a world leading engineering business based in Poole. They are looking for a Design Engineer on a 1 year fixed term contract to join them and work on some critical projects.
Our client are a world leader in fluid control products and supply products to Automation, Automotive, Energy, Food and Beverage, Life Sciences and Rail.
- Design product range derivatives, applying sound engineering practice in a timeframe consistent with the business objectives.
- Apply product range knowledge and experience to design engineering, optimising value added performance characteristics and functionality to gain competitive advantage.
- Apply awareness of relevant engineering standards, legislation, certification and customer compliance requirements applicable to the product range ensuring that sales requirements are achieved.
- Compile engineering and test reports as required in support of design validation.
- Drive concurrent engineering applying optimised designs for manufacturing methodology, assembly and testing process.
- Apply VAVE to derivative and existing products, ensuring manufacturing costs are minimised and cost targets are achieved working coherently with production engineers.
- Maintain product range continuous improvement with corrective actions, answering NCRs within 24 hours.
- Create new part numbers and Bills of Materials using the ERP/MRP system
- Maintain and apply lean principles to the engineering environment.
- Provide technical support and product training to production engineering and purchasing.
- Compile operating and maintenance manuals for derivative products, assisting marketing and sales companies where appropriate.
- Mechanical Engineering Degree or equivalent qualification or experience.
- Relevant experience in materials, mechanics, engineering mathematics, magnetics, fluid power, corrosion, stress and thermodynamics.
- In-depth understanding of modern manufacturing methods, inspection and assembly techniques within a precision CNC engineering and electronics environment.
- Proficient in engineering software as applicable, 2D and 3D CAD, FEA, CFD, Mathcad, MS Office, preferably using Autodesk platforms (AutoCAD, Inventor, Ansys)
- Ability to evaluate processes, instigate continuous improvement, rationalisation and facilitate cost reduction opportunities.
- Manage own time and deliverables effectively.
- Professional and effective communication skills both verbal and written.
- Able to travel both nationally and internationally to attend professional training opportunities or provide technical support to Sales Engineers.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.