- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Senior Engineer (Investigations)
I am currently recruiting for a experienced Mechanical Engineer to work within an investigations team for an aerospace company based in Tewkesbury.
In this role primarily you will:
- Be technically focused, and tend to specialise either professionally in areas of competence (hydraulic, mechanical, etc.) or functionally (e.g. design / stress).
- Lead investigations into servo valve failures from qualification, new build or in-service operation and function as a technical point of contact for customer engineers in relation to such failures
- Introduce new technologies and improve existing technologies used in key production areas that directly influence servo valve performance.
In addition you may be required to provide professional support or analysis to the product development function activities, as well as being part of a multidisciplinary project team with the responsibility to provide an essential link between our customer's needs and delivery of our business goals.
Our organisation is focused on cutting-edge technology, high quality performance and exceeding expectation which means you must be too. Working on a range of high profile Aerospace programmes, this is an opportunity to develop your career with international exposure, influence on business critical programmes and the chance to be part of a business at the forefront of technology.
- HNC, HND, Degree or equivalent in a relevant engineering discipline such as Mechanical Engineering
- You must possess excellent inter-personal and communication skills that will enable strong collaboration and coordination, this will include a broad range of communication means including informal (e.g. verbal, e-mail, etc.) and formal (e.g. reports, presentations, etc.)
- Ideally have Servo Valve knowledge to include an understanding of their applications and principles of operations
- Excellent, hands-on, testing skills (e.g. vibration, pressure impulse, thermal, endurance, hydromechanics, test control and data acquisition)
- Understanding of manufacturing/machining processes
- Success in having lead detailed technical projects
- Awareness of formal inspection and approval of test method
- Six Sigma green belt, (minimum), preferred.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.