- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Senior Site Engineer (Highways)
Our client, a well established Tier 1 contractor in the Highways & Civils sector are currently seeking an experienced Senior Engineer to join their team based out of Derby, to work on a variety of exciting highways related projects.
As a Senior Engineer, you will take full ownership for setting out, engineering control and quality in addition to coordinating and mentoring the site engineering team.
- Participate in creating a knowingly safe working environment.
- Assist the Site Agent in planning and coordinating the project and resources.
- Coordination of subcontractors to ensure they achieve programme outputs
- Write, review and implement Risk Assessments and Method Statements (RAMS)
- Write, review and implement Inspection Test Plans (ITP's)
- Ensure works are carried out as per ITP's including correct engineering checks, hold points, inspections and tests.
- Manage the site engineering team, delegate tasks, train & mentor junior engineers and lead by example.
- Control and update programmes/attend coordination meetings and daily/2week/monthly and 3 monthly lookaheads as required.
- Ensure works are in accordance with the Specification Highways Works (SHW), Project Works Information and drawings.
- Raising design related Request for Information (RFI's) and Technical Queries (TQ's).
- Ensure accurate and timely records are kept including site diaries, quality assurance documentation (QA), photos, as-built surveys, red-line drawings and test results.
- Constant communication and liaison with the commercial team providing detailed information to allow for accurate financial reporting including compensation events (CE) and early warnings (EW's).
- Manage snagging system that records and clears all snags and notifies commercial team and subcontractors.
- Control and minimise waste on site.
- Identify/assist in introducing new process, techniques and innovations on site.
- Ensure all company property under your control is taken care of and stored securely when not in use
Our client are looking for passion and a willingness to deliver excellence. Ideally you will have a solid experience as a senior engineer with exposure to road, structures and drainage packages of work. You'll possess advanced setting out skills, able to use Level and EDM with knowledge of GPS preferred. Obviously, you'll have the usual good stuff such as an HNC or degree in civil engineering and valid CSCS, but our client are looking for more than just that - they are looking for the right person to work safely, motivate and manage our site engineers and subcontractors on site as well as strive for exceptional levels of performance.
In return our client offer an opportunity to work on some of the UKs most exciting construction projects, in a fast-paced environment where each day brings new challenges as well as a competitive salary and benefits package including car or car allowance, pension, healthcare, discretionary bonus and 28 days holiday plus bank holidays. Our client will always consider flexible working hours and arrangements.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.