- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Electrical Manufacturing Engineer
Our client, a leading supplier of products to the Aerospace industry, are currently looking for an experienced Electrical Manufacturing Engineer to join them on a long-term contract based out of their site in Yeovil, Somerset.
POSITIONAL JOB ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Provide the specialist knowledge and skills to interact with design engineering, suppliers and operational teams in order to ensure effective and efficient specification and development of our products during the design and manufacturing phases.
- Provide Manufacturing Engineering skills to support the Integrated Product Teams (IPT) to ensure the timely delivery and reduced life cycle cost of our prodcuts.
- Interface with Design Engineering to ensure design proposals including CATIA models, DMU's and Physical Mock-Ups embody the principles of DFMA and the early identification of potential risks and proposed solutions.
- Participate in design reviews and approve new designs on behalf of the Operations Department.
- Apply your technical expertise to specify, develop and document the tools and processes necessary to manufacture and assemble our products.
- Break down the engineering EBoM and reconfigure into the operational sequence (PBoM) necessary to assembly our products using SAP.
- Create and maintain work instructions, which include Master Recipes, Process Instructions, Electronic Work Instructions, Routings, and Production Orders using SAP so that best build practice and process is implemented and that traceability is maintained during the assembly of our products.
- Manipulate CATIA models to create the manufacturing representation of delivered components and the assembly processes.
- Create and authorise Technical Specification for Delivery (TSD) documentation to ensure suppliers have a comprehensive and accurate specification for part manufacture.
- Prepare accurate estimates of the time and manpower requirements for each new operational task to facilitate production resource and capacity planning.
- Raise review and approve Engineering Change Requests (ECRs), Technical Liaison Queries (TLQs), SAP Quality Notifications (QNs) and Service Notification (SNs).
- Liaise with the internal customer to identify new tooling requirements, interface with Central Tooling, and raise tooling notifications for the creation of new or the modification of existing tooling to meet customer expectations.
- Provide technical support to the Aircraft Build Facility to solve installation and build issues that arise during the assembly process including liaison with Design Engineering.
- Identify capital investment requirements to enable capital sanctions to be raised where required.
- Provide a professional, responsive and customer-oriented service.
- Support continuous improvement initiatives operating within the Operation department.
- Identify and implement improvements to the manufacturing/assembly processes to ensure build line efficiency is improved.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- HNC or Degree in a Manufacturing Engineering subject or a relevant engineering apprenticeship.
- Background in electrical manufacturing.
- Proven experience in an manufacturing engineering environment post qualification, ideally aerospace however other heavily regulated industries would be considered.
- Good interpersonal skills at all levels.
- Working knowledge of CATIA for interrogation is highly desirable, however other CAD systems experience may be considered.
- Working knowledge of SAP, VPM and/or ENOVIA preferred but not essential
- Thorough understanding of electrical assembly and test processes, methods and working practices.
- Computer literate ideally with the ability to use MS Office (Word, MS Excel, MS Project, MS Powerpoint, etc)
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing tools and techniques is desirable but not essential.
Please note that this contract role has yet to have an IR35 determination therefore LTD contracts are available - however if this role is deemed inside IR35 at a later stage, an inside IR35 contract must be taken. Rates as follows:
- LTD/UMB: £29.00
- PAYE: £21.58 PAYE + £3.14 Holiday
This contract is subjcet to security clearance and all candidates must be eligible to obtain UK BPSS clearance.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.