- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Electrical Design Engineer
Our client have an opportunity for an Electrical Design Engineer to work within their interconnects team designing bespoke Electrical Interconnects/cables suitable for transmission of power, signal and data transmission between product subsystems.
You will be designing bespoke cable designs for power, signal & data transmission. To do this you will need to interpret Sub-System requirements and from these generate electrical schematics and cable design definitions on CAD. You will need to carry out investigations into a full range of cable problems, issues or developments and develop and prepare solutions, individually or as a member of a project team. The role also includes Support and liaison with manufacturing to resolve manufacturing problems and defects, plus the support to functional and environmental trials.
To be suitable for this role, individuals will be able to demonstrate a number of the following attributes:
- Demonstrable experience in Cable/Harness design
- Experience on HarnWare or similar CAD package
- An understanding of Military Defence Standards and cable harness Manufacture (IPC-WHMA-A-620C) would be beneficial.
- D38999 connector understanding.
- Understanding of flexible circuits would be beneficial.
- Ability to define cable construction based upon electrical constraints (Current, screening, signal types, volt drop, EMC and environmental requirements)
- Have the ability to provide advice and support across projects and to other functions as appropriate
- Work effectively in collaboration with mechanical, electronic designers and relevant project managers
- Have an appreciation of Interconnect production/process engineering
- Work to required timescales, identifying and addressing critical aspects as a priority
- Have good verbal and written communication skills
- Have a pro-active approach, motivated with the ability to deliver quality products on time and to cost whilst ensuring Design for Manufacture and Design for Test.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.