- Looking to hire?
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Design Engineer (Cable / Wire Harness)
Our leading client have an opportunity for a Design Engineer to join their business as a permanent member of staff.
Due to an increase in workload our defence customer have an opportunity for a Design Engineer to join their team designing bespoke electrical interconnects for the transmission of power, signal and data within and between complex sub-systems.
Using CAD this role will require the generation of electrical schematics and cable design definition. The role will involve investigating a range of cable problems and developing solutions both individually and as part of a project team. Liaison with other departments is also part of the role to resolve manufacturing problems and support trial testing.
Candidates should be able to demonstrate most of the following attributes:
- Background with cable and harness design
- Experience on relevant CAD packages for harness design
- Understanding of aerospace or military standards related to cable harness manufacturing. (Other industries with a similar level of regulatory robustness may be considered)
- Ability to define cable construction based upon electrical constraints
- Have a strong level of communication skills and able to work collaboratively to provide advice and support to other functions as appropriate
- An appreciation of relevant manufacturing processes
- Pro-active approach able to deliver quality product on time and to cost whilst ensuring Design for Manufacturing (DfM) and Design for Test (DfT)
- Able to work to strict timescales and identify critical aspects as a priority.
Working as part of a specialist team this role will provide learning opportunity and potential progression both technically and managing work packages.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.