- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Senior Bridge Design Engineer
The Senior Design Engineer will play an important role in a small team of engineers and technicians to design and deliver a range of projects and functions to maintain this important asset, to agreed budgets and programmes.
- Lead preparation of designs for a wide variety of bridge replacement, strengthening and maintenance schemes in close collaboration with our client to identify and meet the project objectives.
- Line manage and/or mentor some staff within the team, ensuring work is planned and undertaken safely and efficiently.
- Implement a variety of highway structures schemes from 'cradle to grave', within budget, to programme and in compliance with quality, safety and environmental objectives, including liaison with internal and external stakeholders.
- Assist in other structures asset management activities such as inspections, review of third party designs, structural assessments, maintenance prioritisation etc.
- Work closely with project managers and other local team members to provide technical support to a variety of highway and transport schemes.
- Assist in the training and development of our trainee and graduate engineers.
We're looking for:
- Substantial experience in highway structures inspection, maintenance, design, asset management and construction.
- Experience of working collaboratively with clients, contractors, stakeholders and multidiscipline design teams.
- Good working knowledge of Design Manual for Roads and Bridges/Specification for Highway Works/Eurocodes relating to the design and maintenance of highway structures.
- Experience of mentoring bridge engineers, graduates and technicians.
- Proficient in the use of structural analysis & design software (e.g. LUSAS, TEDDS, RING & AutoCAD).
- A relevant Degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent.
- Chartered Member of the Institution of Civil Engineers or equivalent professional qualification.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a team player with a 'can do' approach.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.