- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Our client is looking for an individual with experience in hydrogeology.
About the role:
This is an exciting, challenging, Assistant Hydrogeologist role with our clients Technical Team within their Environment department and offers excellent opportunities for growth and development for achieving Chartered status.
As a successful candidate, you'll be:
- providing expert advice on hydrogeology of abandoned coal and metal mines
- analysing and managing the monitoring of data collected throughout the coalfields of Great Britain in order to predict where, and when, new polluting discharges may occur due to rising mine water
- involved in delivery of a growing number of commercial mine water projects
- contributing to the development of future strategies to prevent pollution
- designing and project managing new boreholes
- representing us at meetings with regulators, researchers, and many others
- answering enquiries about mine water from the public and industry alike
- relevant qualification and experience in hydrogeology
- experience in managing large, complex datasets
- great computer literacy
- excellent communication and interpersonal skills and be self-motivated
- an ability to manage and prioritise a high-volume workload
The right candidate would be expected to:
- analyse and manage the monitoring of underground mine water levels and chemistry and mine gasses throughout the coalfields of Great Britain in order to predict where, and when, new polluting discharges may occur due to rising mine water, and to contribute to the development of future strategies.
- support the non-coal (metal mines) programme by ensuring that appropriate monitoring data is collected, and, based on this data, to provide professional hydrogeological advice and reports.
- To assist the hydrogeologists in performing their duties
Responsibilities would include but not be limited to:
- Assisting with investigations into rising mine water in UK coalfields, developing pollution prevention plans
- support the development of the hydro-geochemical databases
- analyse and appraise monitoring data
- develop an expert knowledge of monitoring techniques
- review monthly reports from contractors
- assist the Environment team in programming future preventive schemes
- To assist in compiling and project managing the borehole drilling programme
- To provide professional hydrogeological advice to support the non-coal (metal mines) programme
- To contribute to the production of technical reports for clients
- To assist in identifying and advising on efficiency savings
- To ensure the ICT systems related to mine water data are maintained
- To deal with enquiries about problems being experienced due to mine water.
- To respond to requests for information
- To ensure cross-departmental awareness on mine water issues generally and particularly inform PS&S about regional mine water strategy.
- To promote the client as an expert by contributing to the writing of technical papers and giving presentations as appropriate.
- To attend regional meetings with the Environmental Regulators and present the latest hydrogeological mine water scenario.
- To conduct visits to field monitoring sites, to complete inspections, to install, maintain and check data logging equipment and collect ad hoc additional data, as needed on a prioritised basis.
- Deputise for Hydrogeologist(s) in their absence.
- To advise on hydrogeological aspects of remediation schemes, and occasionally surface hazards and tip work.
Our client has a united passion and desire to live and breathe their values. They are inclusive, trusted and progressive in everything they do. They are committed to flexible working and a good work/life balance.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.