- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Principal Street Lighting Engineer
Our client has a great contract opportunity for a Street Lighting Professional to join our clients busy Street Lighting team and lead on delivering the service.
KEY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The client manages a network of over 52,000 streetlights as well as signs and other street furniture across its network of streets and private roads. The priorities are:
Managing the asset risks, delivering a significant capital LED programme, and providing a street lighting design and delivery service for developer/council schemes and a good quality/high performance service to our community.
In conjunction with the principal engineer job profile the points below give more detail of what is expected of this street lighting team leader role.
The role will primarily focus on responsibility for leading on and managing a team to deliver this important service to our community.
- Bringing significant recent, proven knowledge and experience in street lighting to the role to further develop the longer-term strategy for the management and maintenance of the streetlighting asset working with the councils inhouse highways operations team and external contractors.
- Ensure that the risks associated with the street lighting asset are effectively managed.
- Manage and direct resources of the team to deliver the maintenance programmes to maximise value for money and asset performance.
- Manage customer and councillor enquires on street lighting ensuring a good quality and timely response and resolution to agreed standards is achieved.
- Managing performance of the team, councils inhouse highways operations team, Northern Power Grid and others to ensure that agreed targets of performance are achieved.
- Manage the capital and revenue maintenance budgets to achieve agreed targets.
- Manage the street lighting energy account ensuring that the inventory is accurate and reflects the ongoing changes resulting from programme delivery.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.