- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Production Build & Workshop Team Leader
Our client is a South East based tech company involved in the high growth electric vehicle market. We seek talented individuals to join the team and support further development and production activities.
Purpose of the Job:
To be involved in the Assembly, build and fabricate fuel cell stacks and balance of plant components to agreed specification against planned delivery targets. Problem-solve mechanical, assembly and fabrication issues and support continuous improvements to ensure company Key Performance Metrics are met.
- Ensure Works Orders are assembled, built and tested to agreed specification.
- Assemble and fabricate components for Prototype development builds.
- Support other Manufacturing areas as required.
- Work with Manufacturing Engineering on continuous improvement activities.
- Maintain build and inspection documentation records.
- Assist in the creation of Work Instructions and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Follow and comply with Health and Safety requirements.
- Ensure the work area is clean and tidy following all activities.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
- Flexibility in relation to overtime and shift change requirements to suit business need.
- Hands on experience - mechanical assembly/fitting.
- Production-build background.
- Up to date experience of working with workshop equipment eg pillar drill, lathe, mill, grinding wheel.
- Up to date TIG welding experience - stainless steel.
- Positive, can-do attitude.
- Proven problem-solving experience.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- IT competence.
Highly desirable skills & experience:
- Experience of working in controlled areas eg GMP, clean room.
- Aptitude for or experience in clean build environments with highest levels of 5S.
- Demonstrate 'right first time' mentality and quality culture.
- Welding of thin (<0.5mm) sheet stainless steel.
- Qualified TIG welder.
Internal & External Relationships:
- Quality Team: reporting quality issues.
- Manufacturing Engineering: reporting equipment/process failures; direction on process equipment requirements; training. Participation in and suggestions towards process improvement.
- Engineering: Liaising with engineering team on build specifications and feeding back on issues. Input on design for assembly reviews etc.
- Facilities Team (incl H&S): reporting site/facility issues; reporting near miss and incidents; direction on facility requirements; training.
You will receive a generous package including:
- Competitive Salary from £26,000 depending on relevant skills and experience
- 37.5 hours / week with flexible working.
- excellent contributory pension
- life assurance
- cycle to work scheme
- share save scheme
- 1 professional membership per annum.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.