- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Lead Hardware Engineer
Hardware Systems Engineer - BAE071261
Christchurch - 12 Months
LTD - £41.00
PAYE - £31.96
As a Hardware Systems Engineer you will report to the Lead Hardware Systems Engineer and Project Design Authority as applicable. Your responsibilities will include estimation of development activities, design of technical solutions, implementation or subcontract of proposed solutions and the testing involved in verifying them. You will also be required to help in diagnosing and solving customer reported issues.
As part of the development team you will be expected to work closely with your team members, as well as providing support to other teams such as business winning, development, test, and support teams.
You will support the design, qualification and implementation of our deliveries at the operational level. In other words, not only will you be responsible for ensuring the components comprising our systems meet their requirements but you will be responsible for ensuring our delivered products operates and integrates correctly with the customers extant operational systems.
A Hardware Systems Engineer is also responsible for the helping ensure the overall Physical, Electrical and environmental compliance of the delivered System, ensuring it meets both BAE Systems Product Safety mandates and the statutory requirements of the customer's base of operation.
Your main responsibilities as a Hardware Systems Engineer will involve:
- Providing Hardware and Systems Engineering support to the business development activities, including study/experimentation activities, system de-risking activities, interfacing with suppliers and interaction with prospective customers at a technical level
- Development and implementation of technical solutions that meet the customer requirements
- Provision of realistic estimates for specified activities to the development lead
- Accurately report on progress
- Complete work to a high standard and to scope, quality and budget
- Support System Integration activities
- The safe design of the system prior to delivery and for the preparation of information required by the Design Authority to support the Design Certification and Certificate of Design activities
Your skills and qualifications:
A strong Hardware and Systems Engineering background, preferably with a degree in a related discipline.
A good understanding of the complete engineering lifecycle and configuration management.
A good working knowledge of the development processes (e.g. requirements, design, specification, implementation, integration and testing, acceptance), and development tools (e.g. Requirements Management, Modelling and defect reporting systems)
A background in Hardware solutions for Military Communications Equipment, integration of Systems onto military platforms and the standards associated with them.
Experience of providing engineering input and support to business development activities would be an advantage.
Demonstrable knowledge or experience in some or all of the following would be especially desirable, in particular their applications in a military context:
- Electrical engineering disciplines e.g. BS7671 qualified
- CAD experience / familiarity desirable
- A good understanding of designing equipment to meet stringent environmental requirements such as EMC/T, Environmental etc. (awareness of associated DEF-STANS would be desirable)
- Understanding of Design Certification and Product Safety Processes
- Familiarity with Export control and ITAR rules and regulations would be desirable
What we're looking for in you:
- Good team working;
- Excellent innovation and problem solving skills;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Keen to learn
- Must be flexible and be prepared to work outside of normal office hours (if required) and occasional off site working.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.