- Looking to hire?
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Human Factors Engineer
BAE Systems are currently hiring a Human Factors Engineer for their Warton (Preston) Aerospace design and build site to work on fast jet monitoring devices.
Human Factors Engineer - Warton - 12 Month Contract - £54ph LTD (Other Payment Methods Available)
BAE Systems operate out of Warton, near Preston, in the design and build of existing and future fast jet programs for defence/ military purposes. The Human Factors Engineer specialists operate as an internal source of knowledge for military aircraft products and services. There is currently an opportunity for an individual to join the organisation and grow this team in a particular specialist direction.
The requirement is for an individual to contribute to the current approach where the use of psychophysiological monitoring devices are used in a fast jet environment. Specific knowledge regarding these devices and how they can exploit insight data in a real time environment is required.
The ultimate aim of the role is to discover whether it is feasible to monitor pilot psychophysiological responses during flight and use the data real time to inform the air vehicle's Artificial Intelligence system. Thereby forming a pilot / Air Vehicle system where control can be fluidly passed from one entity to the other depending on the capabilities of each entity at any given time.
- Investigate technology that will permit the use of psychophysiological monitoring devices.
- Develop a strategy to develop and mature the use of such devices so this approach is useable in a fast jet environment.
- Prove, through experimentation, the strategy is deliverable within the Tempest timescales.
- Ensure all activities associated are performed with the appropriate ethical clearance.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office packages.
- Excellent Communication, team working and motivation, with high resilience and tenacity.
- Flexible team player who can work successfully within multi- discipline engineering teams.
- Ability to work accurately to deadline.
- Well versed in human factors techniques
- Monday to Friday (5 day week) around relevant site core hours (7am - 6pm Mon - Thurs, 7am - 12.30pm Fri).
- 37 contracted hours per week unless otherwise stated (this does not include lunch breaks).
- Start and finish times confirmed and agreed with local Line Management, in accordance with local site core hours.
- Lunch break (unpaid) is 42 minutes, which will automatically be deducted each working day from 12.30pm to 13.12pm by the electronic time management system.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.