- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Planning and Programme Optimisation Director
The purpose of the Planning and Programme Optimisation Director is to lead the fundamental transformation of planning and programme management capability.
This is a 2 year fixed term contract with the potential to become permanent.
This will include the design, development and implementation of the Operations' element of the Optimised Programming, Supply Chain Forecasting, and One Network transformation initiatives with the OE 2025, Highways England 2025 and Major Projects Delivering Excellence transformation programmes. This initiative will realise significant efficiencies (target of £150m for Operation over RIS2) and improved customer service by optimising a single plan for interventions on the Strategic Road Network over the short, medium and long term.
Delivering alongside the existing senior leadership team within Operations, this role will provide focus, leadership and expertise to drive delivery, impact and pace that would not otherwise be achieved without a dedicated position. A key element of the role will be to ensure that sustainable change is achieved, including knowledge and skills transfer into the Regional teams.
- Lead a multifunctional team, comprising internal and external subject matter experts and project delivery professionals, to deliver a significant and measurable transformation in our monitoring and control capability
- Accountable for the realisation of the target efficiencies and capability development across Operations
- Build effective strategic and working relationships between our Safety, Environment and Standards (SES) division, Major Projects, Strategy and Planning and other parts of the organisation involved in shaping plans and policies that impact activity on the network;
- Provide leadership, in collaboration with the wider transformation team, to deliver process, behaviour and cultural change, effective resource planning and development of capability for the implementation of the transformed approach to integrated network activity within Operations.
- Provide programme wide advice on the development of operational best practice - processes, performance management, contract management, leadership.
Business Knowledge and Experience
- Significant senior leadership experience in major (£100m or more) regulated operational businesses. You will have shaped their optimised planning capabilities and/or achieved significant improvements in their programme management environment.
- Developing and implementing strategies to a challenging deadline delivering measurable improved outcomes
- Experience of managing complex and diverse programmes of work with a geographically dispersed team.
- Significant experience in dealing with internal and external stakeholders to determine their needs, expectations and constraints as you shape the delivery route.
- Leadership ability to drive changes across the programme
- Strong leadership and influencing skills
- Good collaborator and communicator, gaining involvement and engagement with a wide range of senior stakeholders
- High Integrity, to build trust with all stakeholders and staff
Functional / Technical Skills
- Ability to sponsor a team of specialist advisors/technical experts and challenge Directors and their teams on uptake of advice such that efficient and effective solutions are delivered.
- Commercially focused, to drive business improvement, innovation and value for money
- Performance driven, thrive on challenge and you get satisfaction from achieving a great result, often against the odds
- Proven experience of delivering continuous and sustained improvement in a matrix and fast paced organisation.
- Team player who looks after your people and can motivate individuals to become a high performing team
- Strong people influence, with proven experience in delivering strategies to enhance engagement, performance management culture and communication.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.