- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Product Owner - Outside IR35
My clientis looking for a Product Owner to support on a 6 month contractor basis in South Wales. Due to the nature of the work candidates will need to be eligible to hold and obtain UK SC Clearance.
- The Product Owner will be responsible for the continued development of a windows based application as part of the EvO programme. EvO is the first phase of the MORPHEUS program which includes the transformation of BCIP to an open and flexible technical and business architecture.
- You will manage and development the product backlog ensuring that the team(s) deliver to program priorities and cadence. You will also be responsible for the quality of the product being developed, ensuring that the development teams meet the features and stories committed to in the plan.
- The role involves significant relationships and responsibilities outside of the team, closely liaising with other Product Owners, Product Management, Release Train Engineers and the Business Owner.
- The ARTs objective is to complete development of a suite of applications in readiness for delivery to the MOD customer.
- You will work within a multi-disciplined engineering team to deliver outputs that meet customer needs to defined quality standards within agreed timescales and budgets
- Preparation and Participation in PI & Sprint Planning
- Planning and Execution of the Agile Iterations
- Apply Behaviour Driven Development (BDD)
- Assist in the creation, development and acceptance of development stories
- Understand and assist with the development of enabler work
- Participate in the team demos and retrospective.
- Ensure continuous release of quality software, ensuring dependencies are understood between stakeholders.
- Assist with the definition of improvement stories during the inspect and adapt workshops
- Assist with continuous improvement practises in the department
- Strong background in Software design, code, test and version control using current methodologies, processes and tools, preferably in complex systems. E.g. IBM Rational Team Concert, Git, SVN
- Peer reviewing source code, software designs and working to a coding standard.
- Ability to generate well-structured technical documents using Microsoft packages and manage through a review process to achieve release to committed deadlines.
- Desirable Experience of applying Human Factors Integration (HFI) principles to the design and development of application User Interfaces (UI).
- Ability to present at progress reviews and contribute productively in the team and with external UK MoD and other stakeholders.
- Capable of analysing and debugging software integration issues on target hardware and software environments.
- Familiar with Defence Standards, Military Standards and EC Directives.
- Knowledge of modelling and simulation, technologies and techniques and its applicability to synthetic environments
- Degree qualified in a relevant discipline (or equivalent).
- Experience of Agile and SCRUM techniques and methodologies desirable.
- Experience of Agile development methods and tools including IBM Rational Team Concert, a software development team collaboration tool
- Experience developing C++ (including MFC development) and C# (including WPF and WCF) software applications or Windows components within a software team, with Microsoft Visual Studio.
- Single Page Application Frameworks (e.g. Aurelia Angular)
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.