- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Software Test Engineer - Outside IR35
My client is looking for a Software Test Engineer to support on a Military Communication Systems programme. Due to the nature of the work candidates will need to be eligible to hold and obtain UK SC Clearance.
Purpose of Position:
- This role is for a Software Test Engineer who is part of a team responsible for development of a key suite of applications in the Morpheus Architecture. EvO is the first phase of the MORPHEUS program which includes the transformation of BCIP to an open and flexible technical and business architecture.
- Individuals in this role will carry out product testing, define & execute test cases, and carry out problem solving to identify defects and provide assurance & acceptance as part of a development scrum team.
- Tasks will be varied and include product integration, verification, validation, assurance & analysis against product design documentation. Testing conducted is both manual and automated with the candidate responsible for reporting on the collected data and the management of defects.
- You will work within a multi-disciplined engineering team to deliver outputs that meet customer needs to defined quality standards within agreed timescales and budgets
- Define test requirements, specifications, procedures and scripts with reference to system and product specification, design and use cases
- Developing Automated and Manual Software Tests
- Execute tests and manage test results and associated data
- Support detailed sprint and PI planning to successfully execute software test activity
- Maintain close relationships with the developers in order to help define tests
- Support build and test automation activity as well as the continuous improvement of testing processes, procedures and tools.
- Carry out activities within the SAFe Agile Framework program
- Familiar with Agile Tools such as IBMs RTC and RQM (or similar)
- Familiar with API testing tools such as Postman
- Experience with web application testing using tools such as Selenium & Katalon
- Desired experience with DevOps and automation. Using tools such as Katalon, AutoIT, Chocolatey, Robot and Python
- Microsoft Windows Platform experience with good understanding of Windows architecture, services, security features, and virtualization
- Ability to work well in an agile development team in a fast moving environment
- Understanding and experience of developing Tactical C4I Systems; knowledge of the BCIP system is highly desirable.
- Ability to generate well-structured technical documents and manage through a review process to achieve release to committed deadlines.
- Ability to present formally at progress reviews and contribute productively in the team and with external UK MoD and other stakeholders
- Degree qualified in a relevant discipline (or equivalent).
- Experience of Agile and SCRUM techniques and methodologies
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.