- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Senior/Principal Mechanical Engineer
My Client is recruiting for a Senior/Principal Mechanical Engineer in the Water Sector.
This position is for an experienced Water Sector Mechanical Engineer with a background working on Projects within Wastewater or Clean Water.
Responsibilities (may vary depending on assignment)
- Manage and lead small to medium multi-disciplinary projects.
- Plant and infrastructure surveys and assessments, using cutting-edge technologies and techniques as appropriate
- Feasibility, outline and detailed mechanical design, research and development work including equipment specifications, plant schedules, access, lifting and maintenance strategies, technical risk assessments, control philosophies, process flow diagrams, P&IDs and commissioning strategies, cost and programme estimations
- Plant specifications; supplier equipment assessment and evaluation
- Technical report writing at all stages of the project lifecycle
- Liaison with clients within the UK and worldwide.
- Support and/or lead bids, fee proposals or offers of service; development of activity schedules/work plans
- Understanding of HAZOP, DSEAR, CDM, WIMES, Sewers for Adoption, British and European Standards and other statutory, regulatory and non-regulatory provisions and guidance
- Development of standard and bespoke design solutions for the water industry and beyond
- Meet and exceed quality, programme, budgetary and H&S requirements on projects
- Preparing technical papers and presentations for conferences, colleagues and clients
- Support and/or deliver technical and 'expert witness' investigations and appraisals
- Ownership of specific skill areas or activities within our technical knowledge networks; contributing to technical network activities, to broaden your and our skills, experience and technical reputation
- Supporting and mentoring less experienced colleagues
- Working with and developing design tools such as system curve calculations, hydraulic calculations, automated design tools, standardised or packaged plant designsSkills and Experience:
- Recognised degree in Mechanical Engineering (BEng Hons or equivalent), ideally a chartered Member of a recognised engineering institution.
- Experience within the water and wastewater engineering sector with a broad understanding of water and wastewater treatment technologies and an interest in developing and/or exploring new emerging technologies and techniques
- Computer-literate and able to work effectively work with the basic Microsoft suite of programmes as a minimum
- Ability to provide a customer-focused service with a sound understanding of the water sector regulatory framework
- Be able to work independently and have the ability to lead a team of junior engineers on a small to medium multi-disciplinary work package engagement within budget and to project milestones.
- Be able to produce engineering specifications/perform equipment selection for client approval
- Produce quality engineering deliverables/engineering service that meet client expectations.
- A developing external profile and reputation; a desire and willingness to raise the profile of oneself and the Company
- Willingness to contribute to and develop our technical knowledge networks
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.