- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Software Integration Engineer - BAE071856
Christchurch - 12 Months
£45.00 LTD per hour (Other payment options available)
Key Responsibility Areas
To support the team in the production of the automated scripts required to build the new capability.
This appointment is a complement to the existing 25 strong team that provides support to a fully integrated command and control system to Royal Navy operations staff. This exciting systems & software programme covers many disciplines including design, development, installation, implementation, integration, acceptance, training and logistics support - it is run solely from our Christchurch site for delivery to our customer at various naval HQs.
- Military communications systems including an understanding of radio and cryptographic equipment
- Systems design and systems interfacing
- Serial communications including communication standards, serial and bespoke cabling techniques
- Network communications including networking equipment, WAN techniques, Ethernet categories and associated techniques
- Technical and physical impact of implementing a new system with an existing system
- Estimation and the associated activities for systems and installation proposals
- System setting to work and system transition
- Report writing to provide input for proposals, site surveying and setting to work
- Should be familiar with test methods, scheduling, requirements and the use of integration rigs in the development of a complex systems
Your skills and qualifications as a Software Engineer:
Software development lifecycle and processes (e.g. design, coding, unit testing) and tools (e.g. UML design tools, code IDEs)
- Experience of software development including desktop-based applications in an appropriate language: Powershell
- Windows or Linux target environments
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.