- Looking to hire?
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Operational Excellence Practitioner
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join Southern Water as an Operational Excellence Practitioner in a permanent role based at their Head office in Worthing.
Your role as Operational Excellence Practitioner is to work with the wider Operations team and business to scope, implement and embed multiple interventions end to end using effective OE skills and methodology. You will need to be able to demonstrate a high degree of coaching/mentoring and influencing skills to help drive Operational Excellences goal of embedding positive, sustainable change throughout Southern water.
Day to day you will work closely with the OE solutions development and implementation team to effectively scope, identify and quantify opportunities that would benefit the business from an OE intervention, deliver all aspects of the intervention following scoping, support in Benefit quantification and tracking, data analysis and workshop facilitation. You will work with and support stakeholders at all levels to drive the OE intervention, ensuring benefits are realised and goals achieved as well as design and run effective training sessions. You will use effective OE tools and techniques to aid in delivery (Lean, Six sigma, Agile etc.) and share information and best practice across the OE team and wider business The successful candidate will have the following:
- Proven experience in delivering results via improvement projects
- Background and experience in key operational areas (technical, managerial experience)
- Graduate or equivalent business career
- Experience in implementing OE tools and techniques in a variety of business roles.
- Strong business and industry acumen
- Proven investigative, analytical and problem solving skills (Lean, Six sigma, Agile etc)
- Self-starter with ability to manage own workload
- High degree of Coaching and facilitation skills
- Able to engage, influence and connect with others at all levels.
- Confidence to think differently and challenge the status quo
- Clean driving licence as site visits will be essential (company car could be discussed at interview stage)
- Salary up to £42,800 depending on experience
- Excellent company pension (9% employer contribution)
- Ongoing professional training and development
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.