- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Textile Design Assistant
I am currently looking for a Textile Design Assistant to support thetestiles team in an aerospace company in Denham.
Assist and collaborate in all aspects of textile assembly design for products and ventures. This includes research, design, prototyping, testing, introduction to manufacturing, and product support.
- Collaborate or work individually on projects where an in-depth knowledge of textile materials, design considerations, and manufacturing techniques is paramount.
- Manufacture prototype and limited production assemblies to support product development.
- Produce manual and CAD patterns for narrow and broadloom textile materials.
- Record designs, patterns and construction instructions through CAD and text documents.
- Work with standards for the design and documentation of work.
EXPERIENCE & KNOWLEDGE
- Possess a practical understanding of mechanical, material, and chemical sciences.
- Able to perform basic 2D/3D geometric calculations.
- Understanding of woven, non-woven, and knit fabric properties and materials.Understanding of rigid and semi-rigid materials related to textile assemblies.
- Good understanding and competency with sewing room processes and technology especially cutting and joining techniques.
- 2D/3D textile pattern making skills including modification and documentation.
- Patternmaking skills
- Aptitude for quickly learning and using CAD systems.
- Sewing skills (machine and hand)
- Good hands-on skills including sewing room and mechanical hand tools.
- Good command of English grammar and word processing.
- Graphic skills - freehand, digital and photographic.
- MS Office (suite of applications).
- Good spatial awareness.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.