- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Human Factors Engineer
My client a Global Defence organisation is looking for a Human Factors Engineer on a contractor basis to support a cutting edge Communication Systems programme.
Purpose of Position:
The role will require close liaison and co-operation with system engineering, software engineering, architecture and integration along with platform and domain expertise. The candidate must be a team player, able to work to tight deadlines and be capable of moving seamlessly between leading and following within a multi-national engineering team whilst also working very closely with the customer community. The individual will be required to work with teams in multiple geographical locations and with diverse cultures.
- Provide Human Factors Engineering services to deliver the Evo programme.
- Developing and maintaining HF integration plans
- Support the planning, monitoring and control functions to ensure timely delivery of HF services and work products
- Support managing the HF risk and opportunities
- Manages development, apportionment and dissemination of Human Factors requirements
- Reviews HF elements of all system and subsystem documentation
- Support the planning and running of HF design reviews
- Plans and executes HF assessments (ergonomic analysis, HCI and Usability assessments)
- Generating verification documentation
- Support the EvO Customer when required.
- Support planning and management of the product Users that are participating in the Human Centred Design Process
- Collating the body of evidence to justify the acceptability of the design from a Human Factors perspective
- Managing all the traditional Human Factors processes and techniques and adapting them to work in an AGILE manner in line with the rest of the Engineering Programme in both Systems and product Engineering
- Familiarity and experience with Human Factors techniques and tools (Task Analysis, Mental Workload Assessment, Human Reliability Analysis).
- Familiarity with Defence Standards, Military Standards and EC Directives.
- Familiarity of working in an AGILE manner.
- Willing to work within the UK and do occasional travel overseas.
- Proven experience leading HF activities and influencing the design on engineering development programmes in the defence industry, in a domain relevant to Human Factors and C4I Systems.
- Demonstrable understanding of the Systems Engineering lifecycle and the integration of HF activities within that lifecycle.
- Proven requirements development expertise and experience using DOORS.
- A strong appreciation of all Defence Lines of Development would be advantageous.
- Proven track record: skills, abilities and domain knowledge sought, as outlined above, backed up by previous job role(s) and relevant experience in systems/software development and integration projects
- Experience of delivering Human Factors on an AGILE Engineering programme
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.