- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Safety Engineering Manager
Looking to work for a Global High Tech company? The business are key players within the industry, and are set to be very busy across 2020!
"Gold level accreditation for the investors in people award! A testament to the success and value throughout the company!"
The company have been recognised as a fantastic business to work for and additionally value employee recognition and are proud members of the 5% club, building and developing their workforce throughout!
Important: All applicants must be able to obtain Security Clearance.
The Safety Engineering Manager will be joining the team, and will act as point of contact for strategic and tactical safety process activity, with the UK Business Design team.
The team are responsible, through independent Engineering Governance, for requirements identification, deployment of effective and pragmatic policies and procedures, ensuring adherence to these principals, on behalf of the board.
As the Safety Engineering Manager, you will be sourcing expert advice and assistance internally or externally in order to facilitate problem solving on projects in support of delivery, overall you will be required to lead improvements in the overall safety culture
- Degree qualified in an Engineering discipline i.e.: Electronics, Electrical, Software or Mechanical Engineering.
- Strong technical experience or background in Safety Engineering.
- Ability to deliver supporting information (Safety Case Reports, Hazard Analysis, Functional Failure Analysis, FTA, etc.).
- Experience of Occupational Safety and Risk assessment including Dynamic risk assessment. Leadership / Management experience.
- Key communication skills; you must be able to communicate effectively to all levels within the business, and be able to explain complex technical issues to both a technical and non-technical audience.
- Excellent report writing, along with communication and inter-personal skills. You must have the ability to work competently and efficiency under time pressure
- Experience in Definition, establishment, deployment and maintenance of Operational Safety policies and objectives.
- Experience establishing an effective Safety Assurance system of work. This would require strong collaboration between Quality, Engineering, SHE, Supply Chain, and Manufacturing to be effective.
- Experience Coordinating a robust occupational Safety Risk Management Process.
- Experience of Engineering safety within the Aerospace or Defence industry.
- Chartered Engineer, or have the academic qualifications to be able to achieve this.
- Experience working to Defence standards such as DEFSTAN00-56, DEFSTAN00-056
- Experience in HAZID, HAZOP, SWIFT
For full information, please get in touch!
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.