- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
CMM Inspector / Metrologist
Our client, a leading supplier of products to the Motorsport & Automotive industry, are currently looking for an expeirenced CMM Inspector/Metrologist/Programmer to join them on a short-term contract based out of their site in Shoreham,Sussex.
- The role will require working from engineering drawings or designers specifications to visually inspect or measure components using a variety hand measurement, metrology and CMM techniques.
- To maintain, create, and update detailed inspection reports.
- To work within standard codes and specifications, established company practices and within assigned guidelines on tasks requiring accuracy in calculations, completeness of data and adherence to prescribed design, inspection methods.
- Although the role reports to the Plant Maintenance Supervisor, working in close cooperation with internal customers mainly from the test, design and analysis areas will also be required. Additionally liaison with external suppliers may also be required.
- Key department equipment & software include:
- DEA BETA CMM - PC DIMS software
- LEITZ 866 PMM Quindos Software
- TAYLOR HOBSON TALYSURF SERIES 2
- BATY PROFILE PROJECTOR R400 WITH QUADRA-CHEK 200
Preferred candidates will be able to demonstrate the following experience/skills:
- Ideally qualified to a nationally acknowledged standard in a relevant manufacturing or production engineering discipline. HNC levels (or equivalent) highly desirable.
- To be able by virtue of experience or training to read & interpret engineering drawings accompanied by a full, well-rounded knowledge of hand measurement, metrology and inspection techniques.
- Experience in the use, setting & programming CMM PMM equipment is essential. Experience of PC DIMS & Quindos 7 software platforms are highly desirable.
- Previous experience of inspection of automotive components an advantage.
- A detailed and methodical approach, but with the flexibility to adapt to changing situations and requirements.
- Able to work individually and as part of a team in a challenging environment, to meet tight deadlines and the needs of demanding customers. The candidate will be self-motivated and possess good time management skills.
- Should have good IT skills (Excel and Word) and confident in the uptake of new measurement software.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.