- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Our client are a leading defence technology business with a number of exciting opportunities within their naval systems engineering domain.
Working in diverse teams, you will be involved in projects supporting Maritime test and evaluation, operating from the early concept phase through to transition into service. These can involve multiple engineering and scientific disciplines.
As a Systems Engineer you will typically take on significant responsibility within development projects, often leading areas or the development of sub-systems. The role requires a broad application of systems engineering knowledge, from the establishing of user needs through to final delivery. Typically you will work across a number of these areas and develop strong whole lifecycle experience.
- Day-to-day leadership and management of engineering and technical teams to deliver integrated engineering outputs to contracted time, cost and quality that meet the customer's requirements.
- Collaboration with Resource Management as required to assign relevant technical work tasks to suitably qualified and experienced personnel.
- Ensuring a consistent approach to the integration of engineering outputs across all platform tasks.
- Ensuring consistency of technical processes, methods and tools for the delivery stream ensuring a coherent integration of engineering activity to meet customer requirements.
- Effective capture and analysis of customer requirements.
- Coordination of bids and estimates, generation of technical/solution strategies (e.g. Evaluation & Test Strategy), Technical Delivery Plans and work breakdown structures to support project cost plans and bids.
- Production of appropriate Technical Assurance plans and ensuring adherence throughout the project lifecycle.
- Identification of project technical risks and assisting the Project Manager with the management of them.
- Compliance with business processes and ensuring engineering governance is robust and sound.
Essential education, qualifications and training:
- Recognised engineering qualification to HNC or Degree standard or with equivalent relevant experience.
Essential knowledge, skills and experience required:
- A good working knowledge of general Systems Engineering principles.
- Excellent people management and communication skills.
- Technical experience leading multidisciplinary teams in diverse delivery projects across the full engineering lifecycle.
- Ability to generate technical solutions
- Ability to make sound judgements on integrated solutions.
- Sound knowledge of technical governance.
Specific Domain Knowledge;
Knowledge of, and experience in one or more of the following areas is beneficial but not essential:
- Radar systems - hardware and software elements
- Radio frequency transmission systems
- Sonar systems and underwater acoustics
- Electromagnetic measurement systems
- Underwater and/or littoral environments.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.