- Looking to hire?
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Mechanical Design Engineer
Our client are a rapidly expanding business who are innovators in their field. They are looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer to join their Design team.
The Design team is now looking for an experienced Mechanical Design Engineer. As a Mechanical Design Engineer you will be involved at any stage from transitioning requirements, through to concept generation, detailed design, manufacturer support and design updates/enhancements. This role will primarily be to support design and development of our client's peripheral systems.
How you'll spend your days...
- Carrying out detailed mechanical design work including 3D modelling, calculations, simulation and design verification testing as needed
- Developing designs to meet requirements while following DFx best practise
- Selecting mechanical parts taking into consideration functionality, cost, availability and obsolescence
- Creating technical specifications including functional design specifications, 2D drawings, assembly drawings and bills of materials
- Managing technical risk, ensuring significant risks are reported and mitigated
- Supporting the transition of designs into manufacture
We are looking for people with the following…
- A degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent Mechanical Engineering qualification with experience.
- Ideally experience designing complex electromechanical systems or machines that have gone into production.
- Expert experience in CAD; preferably SolidWorks and PDM software.
- Substantial experience draughting to BS8888 with the use of GD&T.
- A good understanding of component selection.
- The ability to generate supporting calculations required for a Technical File and Certification (CE, UL CSA or other);
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.