- Looking to hire?
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Senior Electrical Engineer
Based in Halifax, on the maritime East Coast of Canada, this project is Canada's most exciting for the last 30 years. With a new assembly hall and cutting edge technology, they are building the new fleet of ships for the Royal Canadian Navy.
The Senior Electrical Engineer will be responsible for all aspects of marine electrical systems for the project whilst overseeing and looking after a small team of electrical engineers.
- Overall management and responsibility for electrical generators, electrical distribution networks, IPMS, switchboards, cable management, EMI/EMC management, grounding and bonding, and anything else that falls under the marine electrical systems scope
- Manage subcontractor developments of design deliverables & purchase specifications, review electrical technical design content, and requirements and change management for electrical systems
Experience and qualifications:
- Engineering degree in Electrical or Mechatronic Engineering, or similar
- Proven experience with Marine Electrical Systems, including being responsible for more junior engineers
- Experience with naval electrical standards and classification societies
- Attractive lifestyle - warm sunny summers for surfing & beach hopping and cold snowy winters for snowboarding or skiing
- Affordable accommodation - beautiful spacious properties; choose from overlooking a lake, being nestled in woodland or downtown in the lively city centre
- Social life - a big city with a small town feel
- Education - excellent facilities including a large number of schools and one of Canada's top universities
- Connections - only a 2-hour flight to New York
With over 8 years' experience in recruitment at Matchtech, I have personally supported more than 50 families in their move to Canada over the last 6 years. Having also lived abroad as a child and into adulthood, I know how daunting it can be to transform your life and consider relocating. To find out more, contact me on:
T: +44 (0) 1489 898136
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.