- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Cell Support Engineer
I am currently looking for 3 Cell Support Engineers to work at an aerospace client based in Cheltenham.
The ideal candidate would have previous experience in production from an aerospace or defence with knowledge of contiuous improvement.
- To be the first point of contact for the operators & Technicians within the team as issues arise during the build, inspect and test of new build products.
- Review & update Manufacturing Instructions & Route cards / MCC's to allow Production Engineering to validate & issue via our Team Centre process.
- To take ownership of all test equipment maintenance in their team to ensure it is always fit for purpose.
- To take ownership of calibrated equipment within their team to ensure all equipment is processed with Calibration in a timely manner & sufficient tooling is available.
- To be trained to Calibrate agreed items within the team
- To manage & undertake PAT testing of equipment in their team
- To be part of the team that train operators as needed
- Working with the Team leader & cell leaders to help define and implement lean tooling solutions.
- To support the Implementation of New Products into production.
- To Report to the Production Manager / Team Leader to ensure smooth running of the operations team.
- Act as the team's link into quality, manufacturing engineering, engineering & other areas of the business as needed.
- To be the focal point for production in Customer improvement activities
- Identify problems/issues and recommend solutions to prevent recurrence
- Review your job progress on an annual basis with the objective of achieving continuous improvement. You will need to adhere and contribute to the advancement of the Company Mission.
- Maintain awareness and attend training courses as applicable for the purpose of the Company and self-development
- Adhere at all times to Company Procedure
- To carry out any other duties as may be reasonably requested
Background and Understanding
- Full understanding of the expectations and requirements of your primary customer
- To work with fellow team members in a respectful and courteous manner
- IPC certified
- Thorough knowledge of continuous improvement methods, in particular 'lean' and use this understanding to question and where necessary challenge constructively any operation or instruction believed not to be the most effective option for the Company or its customers
- Experience within an aerospace / defence environment and/or a formal engineering qualification (NVQ/C&G/ONC etc.)
- Already have, or willing to undergo BPSS security checks
- Previous experience in an Aerospace or defence manufacturing environment
- Working knowledge of concession processes, MRB processes and ECR processes
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.