- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Design Project Manager
Our client, a leading water sector specialist, is looking to recruit a Design Project Manager to work on clan and waste projects.
In AMP 7 treatment design team is looking to substantially increase its design services to ensure design solutions consider the significant challenges we face as a business in maintaining first-class services to our customers, while operating within a challenging budget. The role demands a strong focus on delivering design solutions that strike a balance between risk and quality. Face-to-face communication with internal stakeholders, including operations, assets, finance and risk teams, is essential to ensure cross-business buy-in. To fulfil the role's requirements, you will be an excellent communicator with an emphasis on verbal communication opposed to email. Working within the design and delivery team, the role of the design project manager will primarily be to lead design activities relating to the delivery of the enhancement sub-programme, as well as being responsible for acting as the primary interface with relevant stakeholders. You will need to be an experienced engineer, familiar with all aspects of design in wastewater treatment, though preference will be given to those with an emphasis on option feasibility. You will report directly to the design manager who will provide the necessary support and direction needed to ensure you meet company goals and expectations.
You will/could be responsible for:
* Working alongside the design project manager for engineer, procure and construct (EPC) fast-track delivery
* Ensuring priorities between process, mechanical, electrical and civil design teams is managed, while also being proactive in ensuring the design manager is made aware of potential resource constraints before they become an issue
* The design management of all concept designs required under the programme and strategic capital maintenance programme which are to be delivered by engineering and construction
* The general management of design programmes and budgets, ensuring they're on track and that the team delivers schemes in line with the agreed financial budgets
* Providing strong technical direction for design staff, both waste and potentially supply treatment schemes, to ensure the efficient delivery of solutions, while also intervening when necessary
* Mentoring and managing a team of engineers who will support you in delivering solutions, taking into account SHEQ requirements
* Work with the design manager and provide feedback on staff performance, training needs and career aspirations of the staff
* The direct management of any external design consultants or contractors, while also acting as a sub-consultant to the in-house design team by providing consultancy services to accommodate the increasing workload
* Supporting the design manager in the recruitment of new staff
* Ensuring that recommended solutions are sustainable and best value in terms of whole life costs
- Being the point of contact for the managers of internal stakeholder that have been requested to provide support in design delivery and ensuring such information is provided in line with the programme requirements
- Ensuring our in-house and external civil and M&E contractors are fully engaged in the design process and that we have the 'best person for the job' approach for delivering aspects of the design
* Supporting project managers with the response to RFIs and the review of detailed design deliverables as provided by the relevant consultants or contractors
* Act as mentor to the more junior members of the team and instil a can-do culture within the team to support cost-effective delivery and personal development.
The ideal candidate will:
* Preferably have a degree in an engineering-related subject and attained chartered status with a recognised professional institution
* Have extensive experience of undertaking the feasibility design of treatment centres over a minimum period of two AMP cycles, supplemented by some experience of the outline and detailed design of treatment centres
* Have a well-rounded understanding of waste and some supply treatment processes, as well as a full appreciation of the key mechanical and electrical design interfaces that require consideration.
* Experience of successfully and confidently presenting design solutions to customers and senior staff within their previous roles to ensure the approval of solution is attained at the first time of asking
* Have both the technical capability and substantial professional experience of working within a commercial and D&C environment
* Be approachable, adaptable and positive in their outlook, with strong IT and communication skills.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.