- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Senior Electronic Design Engineer - Medical Technology
Electronic Engineer with hardware redesign and development of medical diagnostic systems. Analogue and Digital design experience is essential.
We are looking for a Senior Electrical / Electronic Design Engineer to join the Sustaining Engineering (R&D) research and development group. The team focuses is on sustaining the life of current products with additional focus on design to cost efforts.
As we are a leading global medical technology company, the variety of projects you could be working on is vast and could include anything from obsolesce of components through to motor drive development.
Your daily duties and responsibilities:
This will be a senior engineering role, working as part of a dedicated Sustaining Engineering team responsible for coordinating sustaining activities for a broad range of our products within Point of Care (at the bedside) products, in-vitro diagnostics instruments, consumables and accompanying eco-system products.
You will work closely with Manufacturing, Quality and Service to coordinate platform enhancements
- Implement cost reduction projects
- Drive corrective actions in response to field issues
- Respond to new regulatory requirements
- Mitigate manufacturing supply risk and manufacturing quality issues for our blood gas and urinalysis product lines.
- Provide electrical support to your team
- Investigate hardware complaints
- Research and implement alternative instrument components and designs
- Identify lower cost solutions
- Develop project schedules
- Define V&V plans and ensuring on time execution of plans.
- All changes will need to be documented under guidelines regulated by the FDA.
Qualifications & Experience required:
- Eng or M.Eng degree in Electrical Engineering, with significant experience in electronics development for instrumentation
- Extensive experience in electronics development for instrumentation.
- Good understanding of basic multidisciplinary engineering fundamentals and experience working with multi-disciplinary teams
- Hands-on experience with analogue and digital design, board layout and qualification, programmable logic and control system development, especially for electromechanical devices
- The ability to function well both independently and as part of an integrated team
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with OrCAD, Mentor Graphics PADS, Mentor Graphics Expedition and Microsoft Office (or equivalent programs)
- Experience with stepper motor controls, LabVIEW and Minitab is a plus (but not essential)
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.