- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Principal Systems Engineer - Contract
Matchtech are now recruiting for a large defence client in the north west UK. These are 6 month initial contracts working on aircraft modications specifially within the systems engineering skillset.
Principal Systems Engineer - CONTRACT - North West - Matchtech
Summary of Role: Required to undertake a leading role within the Aircraft Systems Design Team supporting the design, build and certification of aircraft projects.
The work of the Aircraft Systems Design Team includes providing technical solutions and developing modifications to customer owned aircraft, both military and civil. This will include the introduction of new aircraft avionic or mission systems, electrical power generation and distribution as well as RF equipment. Main Duties: This role is ideally suited to an aircraft electrical / avionic engineer with industry related experience. The role offers an exciting challenge in supporting Airborne ISR programmes with responsibilities for:
- Customer liaison to develop customer concepts and documentation of requirements.
- Supporting the Engineering Manager and Business Development personnel in the preparation design reviews.
- Developing design solutions to meet new customer requirements. Liaison with Original Equipment Manufacturers and other suppliers to specify and gather detailed understanding and suitable documentation to facilitate detailed installation/ integration design of 3rd party equipment and/or sensor systems.
- Initial system design and subsequent liaison with the detail design team to develop the final solution in a timely manner. Liaison with the Production Organisation to solve problems arising in installation.
- Production of test documentation and other analyses/ reports. Liaison with test/ production engineers to complete test regime as required.
- Production of modification control documentation and subsequent certification of the resulting modification with CAA, EASA, MAA or other certification requirements as appropriate.
- Liaison with Certification Authorities as required.
- Production of aircraft Technical Publications Supplements.
- Presenting information at both internal and external design reviews.
- Leading teams of Systems Engineers within the Aircraft Systems Design Team.Candidate Requirements: Essential: Proven experience in the design, integration and certification of aircraft avionic and electronic systems at a senior level in either a civil or military environment.Thorough understanding and experience of the Systems Engineering life cycle and the ability to lead teams through the Systems Engineering process.Experience in leading engineering teams.
- Experience in developing technical specifications on and technically managing sub-contractors for a/c modifications and/or packages of work. Desirable:
- Experience of working within a multi-discipline engineering team within the aerospace industry.
- Wide knowledge of current avionic sensors and systems.
- Experience of customer facing environments.
- Experience in the support of production organisations from within a design organisation.
- Knowledge of civil and military modification and certification processes Experience in a position of authority (team leader/ deputy) within a design organisation.
- Knowledge of EASA/ FAA certification requirements.
- Knowledge of current military certification requirements.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.