- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Senior Building Surveyor
Local Authority client with immediate start for an interim Senior Building Surveyor, the role is working within the minor projects team covering schools, leisure centres and other commercial buildings For more information call Adam on 01489 898881
Current Projects -
£500k school extension, £250k library project, up to £5M worth of work for the rest of the year.
Please do not apply if you aren't proficient in Autocad.
Assist the Service Manager in identifying / prioritising the workflow from the capital programmes.
- To provide building surveying services to the Council's property users, to deliver projects identified from condition surveys or capital improvement projects and ensure compliance with statutory requirements and industry best practices.
- Provide technical guidance and quality assurance to the minor projects team, ensuring they are following best practice.
- Be customer friendly, efficient and connected in how you work; make the most of modern technologies, workspaces and ways of working to provide a customer focused and efficient service, and bring forward ideas for service improvement.
- Lead on, and provide support to Building Surveyors, on the more complex works ensuring specifications meet CBC standards and setting technical standards.
- Support the Service Manager to ensure all projects, are delivered on time and to budget; assist in the reporting of budgets, forecasts, resources of the minor projects team.
- Determine the condition of existing buildings. Identify and analyse defects, proposing solutions including programme and cost.
- Identify solutions, prepare designs, specifications and tender documents and procure works or services to carry out complex building works. Manage contractors to ensure works are delivered, ensuring efficiency and economically within an established budget and programme and taking appropriate action to deal with variance as required.
- Act as the Contract Administrator for all project under your control, this will include chairing contract meetings, inspecting work, giving instructions including variation and change notices. Approve interim payments, certify contract completions / final account.
- Provide expert technical advice to clients on complex building related issues, preparation of insurance assessments and claims best practice, energy efficiency, environmental impact, sustainable construction and health and safety and compliance with current legislation.
Key decisions made
Identify issues related to Health and Safety, and decide if there is a need to escalate.
Deciding, using procurement regulations and existing frameworks, which consultant represents best value for money.
Evaluating possible design solutions to provide value for money solutions to client groups. Design of repairs to the most economic solution.
Quality Assurance of projects managed by Building Surveyors.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.