- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Machine Technicians required for global market leader near Southampton
Our client, who are a global market leader, are looking to enhance its established team at their R&D plant in Southampton.
We are looking for Machinists to manufacture samples/prototypes in support of the Senior Engineering Technicians. Because of the R&D focus product development activities using defined work practices and/or procedures as defined in Standard
Operating Procedures (SOPs) will be carried out whilst complying to EHS Policies & Practices.
The role will include:
* Operating machinery to manufacture samples
* Testing the machine before work begins to ensure equipment is in good condition for production
* Materials ordering and inventory management of internal materials store & budget spreadsheet
* Ensuring machine 'set up' is complete
* "In-process" QA test activities
* Cleaning machine & equipment after every work procedure.
* Closely following defined work practices and/or procedures , as set out in relevant Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) e.g. tobacco & materials availability; tobacco control (e.g. denaturing); planned maintenance; final machine settings - Clean - Inspect * Developing a detailed understanding of machines in-use across R&D Manufacturing
* Maintaining and monitoring machine(s)/equipment to ensure correct functioning
* Providing any necessary support in undertaking Root Cause Analysis exercises and support implementation of agreed corrective measures
Suitable candidates will have previous experience within a manufacturing or engineering environment in addition to technical experience resulting in a thorough knowledge of concepts, principles, methods, processes or techniques of innovation development and/or manufacturing;
We are also looking for a problem solver who is tenacious and uses creativity, innovation and an analytical approach to exhaust all options until a satisfactory solution is found.
These roles are initially for 3 months but with a view to lasting longer for the right people.
8am - 4pm (Monday to Friday) although a degree of flexibility may be required
£15.38 per hour (PAYE)
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.