- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Maintenance Performance Engineer
My client, Southern Water, are looking for a Maintenance Performance Engineer with flexibility to be based from one of their locations in Sussex. This is a permanent staff position.
We are currently recruiting for a Maintenance Performance Engineer to be based within our Technical department and to cover Sussex area. The purpose of this role will be to carry out investigations and audits of our assets, as well as our processes, to identify where improvements could be made. To act as a technical lead in improving performance of M&E Equipment and processes. This role comes with an attractive salary of up to £32,316 depending on experience, company van and other business benefits.
The activities involved to carry out investigations would include:
* On-site work monitoring of performance
* Research of work history, consent documents, drawings, manufacturers' and suppliers' documentation using Southern Water IT systems.
* Reviewing site diaries
* Talking with Site owners, operators and maintainers
Where investigations find that assets are not performing to expected standard the Investigations Engineer will be required to write a detailed report of the findings and share/discuss the findings with the relevant stakeholders. You will also be expected to recommend the next course of action to improve the performance of assets and/or the related process to maintain that asset to your Line Manager or our Infrastructure directorate.
In order to be considered for this role you will need the following:
* Previous solid experience in an electrical or mechanical discipline is a requirement
* Previous experience in a heavily process driven environment
* Educated up to A Level (or equivalent) or have had time served in an apprenticeship with a minimum of ONC (preferred HNC) in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
* Previous experience reviewing the performance of company assets
* IT literate (MS office)
* Previously experience writing structured and informative reports
* Previous experience liaising with a range of stakeholders at differing levels
* Able to translate technical findings to suit the listener/audience
* Excellent communicator
* Can work independently and under own initiative
* Sound investigation skills within technical field
The position will involve daily travel so there is flexibility in terms of the base within the geographic area. You will be provided with a company van in order to travel within the region and a full clean driving license is required.
Why work for Southern Water?
Our engineers, scientists, technicians, customer and corporate service team's work together to provide water and wastewater services to more than 4.6 million people across the South East.
Working for us, you will:
* Receive a competitive package including pension and 25 days annual leave
* Play a vital role in your community
* Help to safeguard our natural resources for future generations
* Live and work in a region that includes more than 800km of pristine coastline
* Benefit from a programme of formal training
* Have access to free on-site parking
* Have the opportunity to join in with our social clubs / events
Due to the nature of the role, DBS check may be required.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.