- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Quality Assurance Engineer
Set in the beautiful maritime city of Halifax, Nova Scotia, this is Canada's most exciting shipbuilding project for over 30 years! With a brand new facility and cutting edge technology, they are building the new ships for the Royal Canadian Navy.
The Quality Assurance Engineer will be an integral member of the Quality Team, supporting the team to ensure effective implementation of the Quality Management System.
- Establish shipyard target levels for quality metrics, based on and using industry standards
- Identify and lead the resolution of quality issues in the business
- Support and train the workforce in best practices needed to maintain quality work
Qualifications and experience:
- Post-secondary degree in Engineering, with eligibility for registration with Engineers Nova Scotia
- Strong knowledge of ISO 9001 compliance standards, and ISO 9001 auditor certification
- Relevant prior experience in shipbuilding, marine or a heavy engineering industry
- Attractive lifestyle - warm sunny summers for surfing / beach hopping and cold snowy winters for snowboarding / skiing
- Affordable accommodation - beautiful spacious properties; choose from overlooking a lake, being nestled in woodland or downtown in the lively city centre
- Social life - a big city with a small town feel
- Education - excellent facilities including a large number of schools and one of Canada's top universities
- Connections - only 2 hours by plane to New York and a direct 6 hour flight from the UK
I am an international recruitment specialist with over 3 years' experience helping people and their families transform their lives and take the leap to move permanently to a new country. To find out more, contact me on:
T: +44 1489 898 204
All successful applicants must meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Canadian Government Security Clearance and U.S International Traffic in Arms (ITAR) Regulations.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.