- Looking to hire?
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
Our client are a rapidly expanding business who are developing innovative automation and robotic products.
This position offers a great opportunity to join a forward thinking and innovative business who are at the cutting edge of their industry.
As a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer you will play a key role in the design and manufacture of the most state-of-the-art products in the business, to their delivery into sites across the globe. Our clients bespoke electrical and mechanical development projects are pushing the boundaries of innovation and automation.
We looking for an accomplished Senior Mechanical Design Engineer, who will be responsible for the design of automation equipment systems, sub-systems and components. You may be involved at any stage from translating requirements, through concept generation, detail design, manufacturer support to design updates and enhancements.
How you'll spend your days...
- Carrying out detailed mechanical design work including 3D modelling, calculations, simulation and design verification testing as needed
- Selecting mechanical parts taking into consideration functionality, cost, availability and obsolescence
- Creating technical specifications including functional design specifications, 2D drawings, assembly drawings and bills of materials
- Supporting the transition of designs into manufacture
- Designing products comprised of both commercial off-the-shelf and bespoke components, using varying manufacturing techniques (for example machining, casting, extrusion, injection moulding)
What we are looking for…
- A great track record in designing complex electro-mechanical automation systems, machines or products that have gone into production
- Expert experience in CAD; preferably SolidWorks and PDM software
- Substantial experience drafting to BS8888 with the use of GD&T
- A degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent Mechanical Engineering qualification is preferable
- A good understanding of component selection
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.