- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Aircraft Integration Engineer
Our leading aero-defence client in Stevenage have a permanent opportunity for an Aircraft Integration Engineer
The ASRAAM Aircraft Integration team has a number of contracts with both Domestic & Export Customers to plan and deliver the integration of ASRAAM onto Eurofighter Typhoon. Delivery of the integration programmes will lead to Release to Service clearance for each of the associated Customers. The ASRAAM Aircraft Integration Team are responsible for the management of the interface with BAE Systems and an opportunity has arisen to lead the Eurofighter Typhoon Integration Programmes.
What are we looking for?
- Knowledge of Mil-Std-1760 and Def Stan 1553 highly desirable
- Experience in producing aircraft Interface Control Documents
- Good verbal, presentation and written communication skills
- Practical knowledge of basic systems engineering principles and processes, including DOORS.
- Ability to work in a complex multi-stakeholder environment
- Experience of the Certification Process including DVP, CM, CofD
- Experience in the defence sector
- Previous / current experience of ASRAAM would be beneficial
- A self-starter who can work autonomously
What's in it for you?
- You will be working in a focused team that delivers a weapons integration programme working closely with specialists both internally and with the platform provider
- You will be responsible for co-ordinating the integration activities associated with each Customer programme to both internal and external stakeholders giving the opportunity to develop communication skills and achieve greater visibility
- This is an opportunity for someone with good knowledge of aircraft systems or weapon systems integration to gain or increase their knowledge and experience of working in a diverse and complex team
- Opportunity to work transversally across multiple aircraft platforms to which ASRAAM is being integrated
- The role will have both office based and field based elements
What would you get?
Competitive salary, flexible working, paid overtime (subject to level), a comprehensive pension scheme, employee funded voluntary private healthcare, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes (subject to level), superb learning and development opportunities and more.
- Customer facing role requiring liaison with a wide range of subject matter experts both internally and externally to manage and co-ordinate all ASRAAM aircraft integration activities for Eurofighter
- Producing and agreeing the Interface Control Document with the Aircraft Design Organisation
- Production of Design Certification documentation in support of Aircraft Integration
- Management of the Data Requirements List (DRL) and technical/interface queries from the Aircraft Design Organisation
- Planning and delivery of trials and tests associated with the Aircraft Integration
- Co-ordination of hardware required in support of Aircraft Integration Trials
What's great about the team?
- You will be joining a dynamic, delivery focussed team who have a proven track record of delivering when it matters
- The wider team covers a diverse range of disciplines, which have proven to be mutually supportive
- The team is dedicated to ensuring delivery of the best possible integrated capability to the associated Customers whilst also planning and preparing for future capability enhancements
- You will be co-located with the ASRAAM Project team, specifically the Aircraft Integration team
Please Note: Our client requires all employees to achieve and maintain SC security clearance or above without restrictions that will inhibit the individual's ability to fulfil the requirements of the role. Your eligibility for the appropriate level of security clearance may be discussed with you during the recruitment process. Any existing clearance holders may be able to transfer clearance (subject to approval).
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.