- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Associate Systems Engineer - Combat Systems
Our client are a leading defence technology business and a systems engineering specialist. They have an exciting opportunity for a systems engineer to join them in their state of the art combat systems engineering facility in Portsmouth,
- You will undertake technical work activities within a systems engineering context
- Work as part of a technical team in support of project objectives
- Assist in the production of technical documentation in support of work carried out
- Engaging with stakeholders, project managers and senior technical staff to ensure customer and business needs are satisfied appropriately and problems are mitigated
- You will be advising on:
- How combat systems should be developed, acquired and evolved
- Test, evaluation and acceptance of combat systems and their constituent equipment
- The identification and rectification of defects such as those encountered during operational service.
- Relevant engineering/systems engineering experience
- Knowledge of some specific areas of a combat system such as weapon systems, command systems, comms, EW, sonar and other sensors, navigation equipment etc.
- Knowledge of integration, test and acceptance activities
- Experience in product/system design/evolution
- Ability to identify delivery and technical issues, adherence to work plans and schedules, reporting of progress, issues etc. to more senior staff.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.