- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Highway Development Management/Section 38 Engineer
Our client requires an additional qualified highway engineer to assist with continuing increase in workload. This will be dealing with Section 38 applications.
Overall Purpose of the Post:
To initiate and co-ordinate the Highway Development Management function within Planning, Highways and Transportation to provide a single comprehensive Service position on planning land use proposals
At the senior grade to be responsible for the transport assessment of land use proposals and to oversee strategic initiatives to ensure the efficient and consistent handling of all transportation studies and related matters to required timescales.
To initiate and co-ordinate the input of Highways Service to provide a single comprehensive Service position on the Section 38 procedure on road adoption proposals
To provide comprehensive advice direct to Councillors, committees, informal public inquiries, other services, private developers and the public on land use proposals and Government and Council policy
- Responsible for the highway assessment of land use proposals in relation to the Council's approved Local Development Framework and Local Transport Plan, formal and informal planning applications and proposals of the other Services of the Council at Sub- Committee and informal Public Inquiries and meetings.
- Evaluate the impact of development on the local highway system in terms of capacity, safety, fabric and management. Promote and ensure compliance with national Planning Policy Guidance (PPG) in relation to the improvement and encouraging the use of all sustainable modes of transport in the determination of planning land use proposal
- Responsible for the development, implementation and management of the Highways Act 1980 - Section 38 procedures with respect to the Council's responsibility for new developments requiring the construction of new highway.
- Formulate design solutions for specific S38 schemes and provide specialised input on s38 proposals. Co-ordinate the resources and requirements of other departments and bodies during the contract period
- Responsible for the analysis of data, preparation of design alternatives and estimates. Responsible for checking design calculations, drawings and contract document
- Carry out site inspections, including setting out, ensuring compliance with drawings and specification, preparation and issue of orders. Undertake site measurement and checking / recommending contractual payments.
- Evaluate the impact of development on the Public Rights of Way (PRoW) in terms of protection ensuring compliance with PPG guidance, the Council's Local Transport Plan and Local Development Framework and associated policies.
- Evaluate and ensure that all new roads / pavements / bridleways/ cycleways and footpaths associated with the land use proposals conform to the Council's layout standards for public highways for adoption by the Council. Instigate and carry out all relevant consultations within Highways Service and external consultants to ensure compliance.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.