- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Mechanical Team Leader
I am working with a client who is looking for a Mechanical Team Leader to join their team.
To deliver on time to target (Cost, Time and Quality) Engineering solutions that meet or exceed the customers' requirements.
Through adherence to processes, lead a team creating a high performing and diverse workforce, who are empowered and held accountable.
To lead and develop a high performing multi skilled team in order to achieve individual, departmental and organisational objectives.
- Support the team, setting clear and SMART objectives in line with the businesses OSGM, tracking the progress of objectives and conducting monthly 1:1's with team members as well as holding monthly team meetings and providing day to day support for the team as required
- Ensure all individual training and development requirements are identified and a training programme is maintained ensuring there are no skills gaps within the team.
- Ensure the correct training is in place to improve the knowledge base and enable a highly capable multi skilled team.
- Provide direction and support to all team members, managing and facilitating their performance and tackling first hand, any performance issues that become apparent.
- Oversee the team's workload / activities, ensuring correct prioritisation in a fast paced and complex environment.
- Drive root cause analysis, striving to prevent re-occurrence with counter measures.
- Maintain correct resource levels and when necessary use recruiting, selecting, onboarding and training to bring in new starters.
- Define, update, track and report on metrics for team performance.
- Ensure the tools and processes used by the team are up to date, efficient and fit for purpose.
- Ensure the team follow health and safety rules and regulations including the safe use of PPE.
Skills and Experience:
- Strong people skills and experience of line managing a complex team.
- Leadership and team development skills, high levels of energy and team engagement.
- Experience of working with colleagues to offer coaching and mentoring to enhance their skills.
- Excellent organisational and communication skills utilising tact and discretion as required.
- Passionate about quality and best practice whilst driving continuous improvement.
- A good Engineering degree
- Must have a methodical approach to problem solving.
- Strong communication skills, organisational awareness and impact.
- Excellent IT literacy, being a competent user of MS office
- Ability to build and maintain rapport with internal and external customers / suppliers
Some Travel **
Direct reports typical 2-8**
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.