- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Naval Architect (Wholeship Integration)
BAE Systems are currently seeking a Naval Architect for their Surface Ships projects (T26 Frigate Project) in Glasgow.
BAE Systems are expanding their Glasgow based operations (Scotstoun based) for the build of the T26 Frigate. They require a Naval Architect on the Principal Engineering side of Wholeship Integration.
Purpose of Role
- Provide specialist mechanical/marine engineering expertise to organise and co-ordinate aspects of engineering activity within the business, ensuring achievement of objectives whilst maintaining quality and cost.
- Provide input relevant to own specialist area to policy and strategy.
- This role will have specific delegation of authority, accountability and sign off for ensuring minimum standards, and could include responsibility as a design review assessor.
- Participate in developing, maintaining and modifying engineering processes and procedures in response to technical developments and operational need.
- Carry out technical analyses and investigations, including evaluation and selection of technical options, and prepare reports with recommendations to support the resolution of problems and the improvement of engineering capability.
- Prepare specifications, develop designs in line with specifications and all quality and technical standards, and carry out design appraisals to ensure all standards are maintained.
- Carry out investigations into operational problems or developments and prepare solutions, individually or as a member of a team.
- Act as point of contact with customers and/or suppliers on engineering matters, to resolve problems and issues and maintain awareness in both parties of priorities and objectives.
- Support the identification of business opportunities and the preparation of bids in area(s) of expertise to facilitate the development of the highest quality bids.
- Carry out team planning, risk management and ensure quality across all scopes of work.
- Develop the team through the L&D and performance management process.
- Carry out technical investigations, and assess/provide recommendations regarding consequences.
- Make engineering decisions within own sphere of responsibility and delegated authority.
- Typically, degree qualified, likely in a technology, engineering or science related discipline.
- Meet requirements for registration as Chartered Engineer with the Engineering Council and preferably be a member of a Professional Body.
- Experience in engineering or defence related industry.
- Possesses in-depth knowledge of the fundamentals within current discipline.
- Recognised and consulted as one of the experts within at least one domain or for possessing deep knowledge of several domains within current discipline.
- Sufficient breadth of knowledge of warship designs.
- Strong management skills and leadership experience in a multi-disciplined engineering environment.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.