- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Our leading defence client in Stevenage, Hertfordshire, have an opportunity for a Configuration Manager to join the business on a permanent basis.
Configuration Management is pivotal to our client success in developing and delivering engineered products to customers with the required levels of control and governance. You will support initiatives across the business, build excellent relationships with your Project customers and drive programmes in their application of configuration management principles. The Configuration Manager role is perfect for those who have extensive Configuration Management (CM) experience within an engineering discipline, love to build professional relationships and have a passion for guiding and influencing others.
What are we looking for?
- Ideally educated to HNC level or above in a technical discipline with significant proven experience in a Configuration Management (CM) role.
- Advanced people / networking skills, embracing national and international team working.
- Excellent communication skills with consideration and acceptance of cultural differences within an international organisation.
- Proven record of success in influencing successful CM decisions across a range of business stakeholders.
- Experience of managing CM in an engineering environment and able to demonstrate a working knowledge of CM principles and processes, in particular with respect to defence national and international standards.
- Ability to demonstrate strategic resource and work package management experience.
- A willing, helpful attitude and a calm professional manner. Able to set priorities and actively lead activities to meet internal and external customer deliveries and expectations.
What's in it for you?
- Technical challenge of supporting the development of Configuration Management across the business.
- Leading a Configuration team; line management, people development, workload planning etc.
- The opportunity to bring new ideas and help evolve configuration management policy and processes for the future.
- You will have the potential to work on multi-national projects with the associated international travel, working with international colleagues and experience different working cultures.
- Great visibility across Projects and Functions providing valuable business insight.
- Responsibility for a team of Configuration Engineers to deliver first line Configuration Management services to programme(s).
- Provide direction and governance of business processes, on behalf of your Group Leader, ensure designated programmes are operating to the desired and documented levels of control and discipline.
- Continuous development of your team to develop both technical and behavioural excellence, motivating team members, performance managing and providing technical guidance to deliver an effective team performance.
- Leading the application of Configuration measures within projects, including Planning, Identification, Change Management, Status Accounting and Auditing.
- Support to the group Leader in defining strong relationships with designated programme stakeholders (Chief Engineer, Chief Design Engineer), to successfully promote and demonstrate the value and importance of Configuration Management.
- Take ownership of the individual work packages for designated programme(s), ensuring the required levels of funding are available to support an agreed statement of work, the monthly resource effort is managed and coordinated with project, and that the required
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.