- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Compliance and Assurance Manager
My client, Southern Water, are looking for a Compliance and Assurance manager to work with them on a permanent staff basis. Location of work is flexible throughout their main offices.
Overview of the role
Ensures the compliance framework, ethical business practice, regulatory reporting and assurance enable Southern Water to meet its regulatory requirements and improve the culture of compliance. Develop and improve control systems to ensure compliance with regulatory guidelines and internal policies and improve the quality of our regulatory reporting. Provide excellent assurance and oversight against non-financial regulatory obligations to ensure compliance.
Scope of the role
A team of 6-8 technical experts covering a range of skills including:
* Controls and Assurance
* Ethics and compliance
* Regulatory reporting
The role requires cross functional working to ensure performance and compliance is achieved and continuously improved. This role requires cross functional working and needs to be able to influence senior individuals and teams without line authority.
Budgetary responsibility: Day to day control and management of external assurance costs against an agreed budget.
Responsible for, external and internal assurance, regulatory reporting, information management and culture improvements.
Major accountabilities of role (6-10 short statements)
Approx % of time spent in role
1. Provide expert guidance on regulatory landscape and specific requirements to ensure compliance with statutory and regulatory obligations (with a focus on regulatory reporting compliance with Ofwat, EA, DWI and CCW). 10%
2. Responsible for delivery of internal and external assurance programme over non-financial regulatory reporting and regulatory action plans. 15%
3. Act as the lead interface for external assurers in relation to non-financial regulatory reporting including supporting the procurement process, planning and defining the scope of external audits, facilitating the audit process, ensuring quality outputs and, liaising with internal teams to drive appropriate management action in response. 10%
4. Responsible for the development of improvements in regulatory reporting and information management 25%
5. Development of a compliance management framework for oversight of regulatory compliance (people, processes, procedures and systems reporting)
6. Responsible for the delivery of programme of work to support compliance culture and ethical business practice across the business.
7. Deputise for the Head of Risk and Assurance in relation to Risk and Controls, Business Assurance and Regulatory reporting at Director level, internal and external committees including the preparation and presentation of papers and presentations.
Experience and capability requirements
* An in depth knowledge regulatory landscape and specific requirements to ensure compliance with statutory and regulatory obligations. Ideally, this knowledge and experience would have been gained in a previous management role
* Previous contract management experience with external providers inc. audit provision,
* In depth knowledge of developing and applying business processes, governance, information controls and assurance.
* Relevant degree/professional qualification or directly relevant experience in a similar role
* An excellent communicator, able to articulate succinctly complex issues to senior internal and external decision makers through written reports and presentations
* Previous contract management experience e.g. with external providers of audit or assurance
* Experience of developing and managing cross functional teams with a track record of achievement
* The ability to effectively challenge senior colleagues to adopt best practice systems and processes to deliver best value performance and to be comfortable under challenge.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.