- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Enterprise Risk and Resilience Manager
My client, Southern Water, are looking for an Enterprise Risk & Resilience Manager to work directly for them on a permanent staff basis. The location of the role is Worthing or flexible within their main offices.
Overall purpose of the role
Ensures the enterprise risk and resilience management framework, risk policies and enterprise risk appetite enables enable Southern Water to meet its regulatory requirements, deliver high quality service and improve enterprise resilience.
Scope of role
A team of 2 technical experts including:
* Enterprise risk and resilience,
* Business continuity
The role requires cross functional working to ensure performance and compliance is achieved and continuously improved. This role requires cross functional working and needs to be able to influence senior individuals and teams without line authority. This role therefore relies on influence and engagement at ELT and Head of function, rather than direct functional control of reporting lines.
Responsible for, enterprise risk and resilience framework, risk policies and risk appetite.
Major accountabilities of role
Approx % of time spent in role
1. Responsible for enterprise risk policy and, risk appetite and enterprise risk strategy and framework on behalf of Southern Water 10%
2. Responsible for delivering improvements in risk and resilience framework, methods and application 20%
3. Responsible for embedding enterprise risk management framework, standards, policies and procedures 20%
4. Responsible for assuring that enterprise risk controls and business continuity plans meet corporate standards 10%
5. Responsible for leading horizon scanning of risks and opportunities to resilience 5-10%
6. Responsible for providing specialist advisory throughout the business. 10%
7. Responsible for corporate risk and resilience, as the second line of defence 10%
8. Support to Head of Function to ensure effective Board and Company risk reporting which meets FRC guidance and principles of good governance 10%
9. Support to Head of Function for external reporting of corporate risks (e.g. in annual report). 5
Experience and capability requirements
* An in depth knowledge of enterprise risk and resilience and business continuity combined with practical experience of their operational implications.
* Experience of developing enterprise risk and resilience strategy, delivering these at a Senior level and taking personal responsibility for the delivery of that strategy
* Relevant degree/professional qualification or directly relevant experience in a similar role
* An excellent communicator, able to articulate succinctly complex issues to senior internal and external decision makers and influence and enact change outside of direct areas of control
* Knowledge of the wider risk and utility sectors to identify best practice both outside and inside the organisation, and the tenacity to implement such initiatives and realise the benefits
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.