- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Our client is a global leading manufacturing business who are looking for a Lean Practitioner to join their site in Devon and play a key role in their continuous improvement journey.
Would you be interested in living in one of the most beautiful parts of the country as well as joining a global leader in medical device products with great opportunity and route to development into future director level and senior management positions.
The Lean Practitioner position is responsible for driving Quality, Delivery and Cost results. The successful applicant will be responsible for managing the Kaizen process including the organization, running and sustaining of Kaizen events and Kaizen funnel.
In addition, the role will include the further development of the culture within the Devon site. A fundamental growth area will be the development of talent and engagement within the continuous improvement in this area. To support the implementation of the Devon site strategy through KPI bowler, action plan and PSP activities.
Role and Duties:
Work with site Leadership Team to develop process improvement strategies based on business needs:
- Kaizen Funnel.
- Facilitate / participate in Kaizen events.
- Act as a mentor for the PSP process.
- Support, Action Plan creation and follow-up.
- Develop future certified practitioners.
- Organisation and participation of Shin events.
Apply continuous improvement methods such as Lean, problem solving, SMED, etc:
- Lean principles of teamwork, methodology, business benefit, innovation and customer focus.
- Lead transformational change and work on identifying greatest Lean opportunities across the plant.
- Coordinate benchmarking and external analysis (Subject Matter Experts, Workshops, company visits, etc.).
- Identify and share best practices.
- Teach and coach others in CI tools, i.e. problem solving and standardized work.
Educate, communicate and excite the organization on CI/Lean:
- Develop and lead teams to embrace a practice that promote best practice sharing across the plant and within the corporation.
- Leadership: Willingness to work on the shop floor and lead by example; ability to influence decision making with or without authority, facilitate groups with diverse perspectives, bring teams to agreement. High tolerance for ambiguity
- Communication: Interpersonal skills that build productive relationships and influence others, both within the business and across organizations. Ability to interact with all levels of the business (senior leaders to working teams), exceptionally good listening skills, able to present complex or new ideas with clarity and simplicity
- Teamwork: collaborate effectively with others in the spirit of common objectives
- Planning and Execution: Excellent project management and prioritization skills. Solid business acumen. Able to deliver results despite shifting environment
- Analytical Problem Solving: Able to identify problems; apply structured and disciplined methodology to identify root cause using data. Innovative and effective solution development, risk mitigation and execution.
Basic Qualifications / Experience:
- Ideally a Degree in Engineering or Business.
- Professional engineering certification and/or masters degree preferred.
- Experience in process improvements using lean manufacturing methodology/Lean manufacturing with a combination of project management and business process analysis.
- Will be required to undertake travel both in the UK and abroad.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.