- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
S11 Fibre Surveyor
S11 Fibre Surveyors requrired to work on BT/OR Networks in Billericay, Solihull and Uxbridge.
The main duties include the responsibility for the following:
- Attending sites to determine the best installation route for fibre optic network lines.
- Understanding and surveying existing fibre optic network infrastructure including ducts and potentials for upgrades.
- Interpreting telecom design blueprints and construction maps.
- Completing survey documentation job packs: ISP pathways, drawings, address listings, bill of materials, confirmation pictures, construction plans and project timescales.
- Carrying out area surveys to ascertain whether any obstructions will prevent a successful installation.
- Meeting with clients to resolve any issues preventing the project receiving approval to move forward.
- Identifying customer networks and reviewing proposed methods of construction to ensure that all requirements are compliant.
- Completing all necessary steps to ensure that wayleaves, permits, re-routes, timescales and agreements are obtained correctly.
- Identifying civils works for FTTP where required.
- Competently utilising various design software packages such as Internal Box to Box Surveying Management System, Openreach Orion System, GIS, Visio, CAD, Power Point to create professional job packs.
- Manage a program of works to deliver client targets and expectations.
- Conduct Onsite Safety Audits/Risk Assessments.
- Conduct Quality Checks.
- Each completed estimate must be quality checked before returning as complete.
- Work with Project Manager and Co-Ordinator to build a program of works.
- Set a good example to all employees.
- Ensure compliance with all company-controlled documents, including all method statements and procedures.
- Be pro-active in developing new systems to meet the changing needs of the department.
- Liaison with third parties working in conjunction with the group to meet client's needs.
- Delivering a consistently high level of customer service when out in the field.
- Working and ensuring that you are working with in the Health and Safety requirements as per company policy.
Skills and Experience:
- A minimum of 2 years' experience working on the BT/OR Network.
- Ability to understand/ design complex Network plans.
- Excellent knowledge of FTTP/FTTH/CAT A planning processes.
- Excellent Knowledge of the BT/OR network, both UG and OH.
- Excellent IT skills and knowledge of Orion, Excel, Email, Word and PowerPoint
Qualifications and training
- SA001 Safety Overhead
- SA002 Safety Underground
- S5 PIA Pole Surveying
- S6 PIA Duct Surveying
- S11 FTTP for Surveyors
- Unit 2 Street Works
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.