- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Mechanical Construction Supervisor
Our client is looking for 2 Mechanical Constuction Supervisors. HVAC and ductwork experience from a mechanical perspective is required. Candidates would ideally have SC Clearance as well as experience working in the Nuclear sector.
Reporting to the Construction Superintendant you will be responsible for overseeing mechanical site works, ensuring construction activities are delivered safely and to the correct quality requirements including QC1 nuclear, safely, to schedule and in a cost-effective manner. Working collaboratively with the other Construction Supervisors, the Construction Managers and the wider construction team to deliver successful project outcomes.
- Demonstrating a personal commitment to implementing to our Clients and the End Clients SHE management system and attainment of the company/sector/site specific targets.
- Ensuring that all personnel under their control are briefed on the company/sector/site specific targets, and feedback regularly on performance.
- Ensuring that there are sufficient Construction Team resources that are suitably qualified, experienced and organised to carry out the tasks for which they are responsible.
- Reviewing safe systems of work and providing positive input to them as required.
- Co-ordinating construction activities (civil, structural and architectural, mechanical and electrical) in compliance with the Health, Safety and Environmental Management Plans (HASEMPs) for the site.
- Audit and review the implementation of the approved Site Management Plans, Procedures, Risk Assessments & Method Statements.
- Ensuring areas of work requiring specialist skills are allotted to appropriately qualified or experienced personnel.
- Establish and maintain a successful relationship with the Project team, Client, Contractor Supply Chain Partners, and all interested Stakeholders.
- Reviewing the performance of the workforce and providing feedback to the supplier and construction teams management,
- In conjunction with the wider Construction team, contribute to the planning and programming of the works,
- Liaison with Project and Contractor Package Managers to ensure successful completion of the works,
- Support programme clash resolution including liaison with the relevant Contractors and Managers,
- Ensuring risks and opportunities are identified and managed in accordance with our client and the end client procedures and communicate these with relevant parties,
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to implementing our client and the end clients quality management system and attainment of the company/sector/site targets. Work with the rest of the construction team to help develop a culture of continuous improvement, and
- Responsible for ensuring information is communicated to relevant parties regarding safety, quality and progress.
- Minimum 5 years' experience delivering complex infrastructure projects in a similar role
- Preferable experience working in a regulated environment, e.g. nuclear
- Site Management Safety Training Scheme SMSTS
- Good written and oral communication skills
- The ability to manage and control tasks
- A friendly and approachable attitude with a "can do" attitude
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.