- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Highways Project Manager
Our client is looking for Highways Project Manager - Service Delivery to join a busy team on a contract basis starting soon
- This role is INSIDE IR35 (PAYE or via Umbrella Company)
- To act as the professional lead for in project programme and budget management, commission of management of design consultants, design approvals, procurement, stakeholder communication, following corporate governance to release funding.
- To support the Programme Lead and oversee the delivery of the major transport projects through design and construction, ensuring successful delivery that offers value for money and achieves targets set.
- Pro-actively deliver all aspects of successful projects that offer best value for money and achieve commercial targets.
- To manage or coordinate staff who are working within the same specialist service area (maybe across geographical areas) to ensure shared outcomes are delivered.
- To manage delivery of individual schemes / projects relating to the service area.
- To manage budgets in accordance with the council's policies and procedures.
- Maintaining excellent, effective working relationships with stakeholders, key strategic partners, senior council directors, politicians and operational teams.
- Manage own workload and the resources required to ensure successful service delivery.
- To assume direct responsibility for the management of selected budgets
- Promote a strong customer service focus within the Service and where possible take account of customer requirements, including responding to customers in ways that are clear and jargon free
Qualifications / Experience:
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent) with an appropriate professional accreditation (e.g. chartered or incorporated) - Desirable
- 5 - 10+ years demonstrable industry experience - Desirable
- Working as part of a project team structure - Essential
- Interpersonal skills - Essential
- Written and oral communication skills - Essentia
- Client facing skills with political awareness and sensitivity, understanding of corporate policies and strategies and knowledge of the legislative and regulative context - Essential
- Broad up-to-date knowledge of transport planning, implementation, highway engineering and planning policy - Essential
Working conditions / environment:
- Site visits if and when required (to live highways and construction sites)
- Communicating feedback to the general public.
- Ability to fulfil the travel requirements of the role.
- 37 hours a week
- Monday to Friday
- Flexible working available.
- A willingness to occasionally work outside of 'normal' office hours if required.
- Overtime occasionally available depending on workloads.
How to Apply or for more Information:
3 simple ways to apply or get in touch:
- Apply directly online via the Matchtech website
- Call Sam White directly on 01489898241
- Email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Matchtech are the largest and leading Highways and Transportation Recruitment Company in the UK.
If you have the correct experience for this type of position but this specific role is not quite right for you, as the level, location or rates etc. is it not quite what you are looking for a present, please still feel free to get in touch with me as I continually recruit similar roles to the one above at all levels across the UK.
Alternatively if are not suitable for this role but still work within the Highways and Transportation industry and believe you will be looking for a new role in the future please give me a call for a confidential chat regarding your employment status.
To apply for these roles, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.